Premed 101 Forums

Too dumb for med?

valid suspicions... partners would generally be making 3 to 5 times the 150k/yr he said. To be a partner before 30 is pretty outstanding, if you can accomplish this then you're looking at becoming the next warren buffet. Maybe the firm is not quite as successful as stated.

I'm not a partner and partners can make as much as the business will allow them to take. How else can people get fired from a job and take $20million with them?

Most jobs you're lucky not to have a lawsuit filed against you or at the very least the door hit you on the way out.

Interesting to read your take on IB as a career. Really it pisses me off to read and reflect on how much of a leech they are to the economy. People are running off it do it all the time, hell they can't find enough room around western for all the Ivey expansions.

Not that I have any grudge against business students, the entrepreneurs and innovators have all my support, but I know that most of those kids are gunning for the top IB job, which seems to be the most respected and highest paid route to go.

I'm going to guess like med, many people are gunning for it but many people do not get there and have to settle (or they might feel like it's settling) for something else. I worked with a guy who got the job by submitting his day trading records from him mom's basement trading a $10,000 account. He didn't even have a job and now makes close to a million a year. This is money he earns as it is 100% performance based. An Ivy league student graduating summa cum laude that can't trade can't and will not ever do that job no matter how smart they are. Some people have it most don't.

Hopefully evolution (aka revolution) by natural selection (aka people going nuts and revolting) will correct some of the excesses and prevent our country from becoming more of a plutocracy (1 percent of the US population now controls 95 percent of its wealth).

I know the textbooks state the 1% 95% rule but the ratio gets weird if you break it down. It's like 0.000001% own 94% and the average person in a developed country gets the other 1%. I hope it all comes crashing down and one day it will, but probably not in my lifetime.

Archived