Premed 101 Forums

LizzyM score for canadians

I think I remembering reading that as Canadian we should decrease our lizzy m score by 1 mark because of the extra competition. Is this true or did I just have a dream (or nightmare-whichever way you like to look at it ;). )

if it is true, has it changed over the past year? Worse? Better?

Thanks!!

imo LizzyM score really needs to be combined with a "rest of application" score where 30 = average, 35 = i am definitely above average, 40 = man my application is hot and has a hook, 25 = i'm definitely below average, 20 = i've done absolutely nothing for 4 years. Add that to your LizzyM score and divide by 1.5. Then you'll know what to expect.

As long as you apply to canadian friendly schools I don't think you are hurt as an international.

...and if you don't know what your "rest of application" score is do some research. If you still don't know, you are probably average.

As long as you apply to canadian friendly schools I don't think you are hurt as an international.

Some places set the bar very high for international students. Some schools consider Canadians as international, others Out-Of-State. For those schools that consider us OOS, the LizzyM score should show you the right schools to apply to. For those schools that consider us as an international, you definitely need to have more caution.

Archived