Premed 101 Forums

English requirement... could someone clarify?

ukie

i was just reading through some threads on this board. And saw one that a few people were freaking out about getting their english requirementsin check. And it caused some confusion since i thought u didn;t need to have them before submitting aplication.

My situation is that I am taking a few philosophy courses and was planning to take english courses next year if the humanities courses weren;t enough ( i hear that some university accept them instead of english courses). Is it ok to finish up on your requierements after you have submitted your application...??

If someone could clear this up i would be very thankful.

Some schools don't require an English course, but most do. I believe it is fine if you do not have the English requirement at time of application, so long as you have completed it before matriculation. It can be a good strategy for science students who are deathly afraid of writing essays.

Does taking an english course in the summer make up for the english credit required for some medschools? Or do you have to take it during the school year? Thanks.

You may have to check each school's requirements individually (e.g. on their website)...but to the best of my knowledge, you can take the course any time, including summer, as long as it's before matriculation.

Archived