Premed 101 Forums

Taking a course in the summer after you graduate

Hey, I'm planning to take English after I graduate, so that I can fulfill the prereq before matriculation, but I'm running into a few problems of being a non-degree student vs visiting student and getting permissions and all that.

Does anyone have any idea how this works? Or anyone that's done it before?

Hey, I'm planning to take English after I graduate, so that I can fulfill the prereq before matriculation, but I'm running into a few problems of being a non-degree student vs visiting student and getting permissions and all that.

When I graduated in 2006 from Waterloo, I applied to graduate in the winter, graduated in June, and during that summer term I took an essay writing course. I was a "Science: post-degree" status student. All I did was I went to the registrar's office and told them I wanted to take a course in summer and to unlock my permissions online to register. No big hoops or hurdles. Just go visit the registrar's office at your school and I'm sure they can help you out.

I just took an English class in Continuing Education at Ryerson. All of the US schools I've been accepted at seem to be fine with this. Look for a continuing ed English class that runs in the summer and finishes before the end of July.

Archived