Premed 101 Forums

Suits on Planes

VTeight7

Well, the USTA recently removed their "no carry-on" policy. however, I prefer to wear the suit pants, shirt, and tie on the plane and fold the jacket into the carry-on luggage. I flew when they had the carry-on restriction and i wore the suit onto the plane just incase they lose the checked luggage.

Also, be sure to put your toiletries in a plastic bag, nothing over 100 mL.

Best of Luck.

I'm wondering...do you guys go the same day as your interview or the day before?

Day before. Interview days can definitely start too early for you to be able to fly in anywhere + get from the airport to the school. Also, too risky to fly in on the same day. For both interviews I went to, I had one significant flight problem, and the second I had a lengthy delay at a connection point.

just plug in some #s into Air Canada.ca and you'll find out. It depends on how early in advance you can book your flight, is there a seat sale, what time are you flying (i.e booking between 4-7 is more expensive than before or after) etc.

For me, I've been looking at approx 350/flight and that's because of taxes. I.E I booked a flight to NYC in November for January. it was $99 each way + taxes (which are the real B***H so total was around $320. It all depends. Add on transportation to the place you are staying, and food, and miscellaneous expenses, you could be looking from 300-500+ per interview.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the info, guys. I guess I'll wear my suit jacket on the plane.

Does anyone know if they allow razors or electric shavers in carry-on baggage? I know that I could look up the websites myselves, and I have already, but I want to hear from someone who's flown since December 25.

Archived