Premed 101 Forums

WHAT UP WESTERN

Guest indocanadawhat

Guest indocanadawhat

Hellllo peoples,

I'm new around here, been reading the forums for a few years now but never signed up. now that i'm applying I figured I should probably get on here asking questions in case they come up.

I'm a Londoner (for 16 years) going into my third year at western, doing an undergrad in math, and to the moderators/students in western meds already, i've been a standardized patient for your exams for about 4 or 5 years now. So we may have met without even knowing it already, and you probably stabbed me in the liver with your cold hands or found my thyroid by strangling me - it's been fun:b .

Alright so first question is to the peeps in medical school already. Based on what you know in your years, and in the others, what is the ACTUAL chance of a third year applicant this year ending up in UWO Meds Class of 2010? And last I heard this is the last year non-honours students can actually apply correct? If someone could verify that, that'd be hype.

nice to meet you all,

:hat indo

Guest aneliz

You are correct. This is the last application cycle that a student in 3rd year will be eligible to apply to UWO.

As for your 'chances'... that is pretty hard to predict.

If you meet the GPA and MCAT cuts, you will get an interview.

If you get an interview, your chances are rougly 50%.

There are no quotas or weightings based on whether you are in your third year, fourth year, etc. So, your chances should not be any different than anybody else.

I think 35-45% of my class is in out of third year... so your "chances" are as good as anyone.

Do you tell people sometimes that you're a music student? Probably not. Oh well just a shot in the dark

Archived