Premed 101 Forums

average GPA

Hmmm that's weird unless we got tons of ip ottawa area applicants that have low gpas otherwise for us ip non ottawa it should be a lot higher since 3.85 is only a cut off.

Yah, that's why I questioned the type of GPA they were reporting. However, I suppose it is possible that between all the other pools they have, that it could be averaged out.

The grad review could have also brought down the gpa somewhat? I really don't know.

However if it is cGPA, then you have people like me with a cGPA of 3.4 but a wGPA of 3.85 bringing down the rest of the pool lol.

• 3 months later...
have people gotten in with a 3.73 wGPA, (in province, non-ottawa)?

It wouldn't meet the 3.85 cut-off for that group, so no.

---

Also, don't forget that the AFMC document also includes entrance GPA's for those in the French stream, the CNFS stream, and all other streams. That probably explains the 3.85 they have listed there

It wouldn't meet the 3.85 cut-off for that group, so no.

---

Also, don't forget that the AFMC document also includes entrance GPA's for those in the French stream, the CNFS stream, and all other streams. That probably explains the 3.85 they have listed there

Thanks. Are these cutoffs posted anywhere? or are they determined each year based on the GPAs of applicants?

Thanks. Are these cutoffs posted anywhere? or are they determined each year based on the GPAs of applicants?

They are usually estimated at the beginning of the application cycle (so you can always email them and ask). For the past couple of years, 3.85 for Ontario (non-Ottawa) residents has been the cutoff

It's Ironic I have 6.95 and I can't change it since they don't count the school year of application..................:(

6.95? :eek: I guess you mean 3.95, lol

Don't worry. I had a 3.83 wGPA the cycle before this one. Did well enough to bring it up to a 3.93 this year and got in.

6.95? :eek: I guess you mean 3.95, lol

Don't worry. I had a 3.83 wGPA the cycle before this one. Did well enough to bring it up to a 3.93 this year and got in.

wow but It says on the document if you were going into fourth year this fall and applying this fall (which I am), only the first 3 years count on the Ottawa admissions website, am I not reading this right? like if I were applying this year would the marks from this year count?

wow but It says on the document if you were going into fourth year this fall and applying this fall (which I am), only the first 3 years count on the Ottawa admissions website, am I not reading this right? like if I were applying this year would the marks from this year count?
You're reading it right.

The previous poster is just saying that they had a lower GPA and then got a higher GPA the next year and now they're at OttawaU.

Point is, when (if) you apply (again) this year, your GPA will be that much higher=better chance.

i thought uottawa only cared about wgpa for admission purposes? or do they look at cgpa as well?

wGPA is meant for cutoffs

ABS is meant for interview selection.

Then post interview, it is your interview score that matters (rankings based on interview score) with wGPA used as a tie-breaker

Archived