Premed 101 Forums

Registration Package

Guest Platinum84

Guest Platinum84

Hey everyone,

To med students at Western:

What comes in the registration package to be received in July? I ask because I'm leaving the country on June 28th and won't be returning until late August. I need to know whether I'll have to sign and submit certain things (because if so, I'll need to make arrangements for getting the package).

I contacted the admin office (Darla) but no response as of yet. Just wondering if any students knew.

Thanks!

Guest Platinum84

Just in case anyone had a question similar to mine - I spoke with Darla and she said we can bring all documentation on Aug 31st to the White Coat Ceremony.

I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow - enjoy your summers everyone! See you in the fall! :D

Guest chushmy

Does anyone know when the package will be mailed? It would be nice if they sent it soon so we have enough time to get all the documents, etc. ready.

Guest blinknoodle

I have no idea when it will be mailed, but here is an idea of what they are expecting (what we needed to supply last year):

-proof of recent CPR and first aid training (basic rescuer C or equivalent)

-proof of recent physical exam

-proof of typical immunizations (like a photocopy of your immnuzation record)

-Hep B antibody titres (may as well get the whole MMR while you are at it)

-proof of negative 2-step TB test (or 1-step if you do annual 1-steps)

-cheques for O-week and CFMS membership fees ~$100 (I think)

I think that was it!

Hope it helps.

Guest blinknoodle

umm, my memory is foggy. I can't recall when I got the registration package. I think my tuition bill came much later in the summer, though. Maybe someone with a better memory can help you...

Guest moment2005

Actually, I asked Darla when the package would be sent out, and she replied by the end of the first week of July.

Guest ploughboy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

I spoke with Darla this morning. The latest estimate is that registration packages will be going out on Monday (not that it makes a whole lot of difference!)

pb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFCzVmW/HNgbK3bC2wRAgk6AKCYTww77siKX904NjZghIoPgKsfRwCfc8B2

1zbinIM3cRVIk69wzk8qHI0=

=0lhX

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Guest iceapatel

Yup, I can confirm what Ploughboy (by the way, congrats man!) said about the registration packages... Darla told me this morning that they will be mailed out Monday/Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question...all the forms in the package we drop off at the white coat ceremony right? The O-Week form says to 'mail it in' with the rest of the forms in the registration package?

I'm confused.

Guest UofT Student

Hey everyone,

I got a reply from Mathew Plant, one of the Orientation Coordinators. He said, "You can just send [the Orientation Week Info Sheet] to the admissions office and they will get it to us."

For the other forms, it seems that we'll just bring them in a sealed envelope on August 31. :)

Archived