Premed 101 Forums

March notifications?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does anyone have any stats on how much the oop waitlist typically moves?

I'm not quite sure but I think there is generally a bit of movement. However, Ontario schools will be notifying on May 13th, so I bet it will be a bit of a wait before anything moves. Also, you could read through past threads to see what has happened in previous years.

/\ me too :D lol! ummm... this time of year turns me into a crazy person.

at least this year it is over for me, whether i get in or not (this is my third app and my MCAT results are 5 years old this year).

Turns me into a crazy person too!

But it doesn't have to be over - just because your MCAT is 5+ years old, Dal would only need you to re-write. If you want medicine, you can re-write and try again.

It will suck if I don't get in, but I can't try forever - as much as I want it, maybe the adcom is right and I'm NOT suited for it. Y'know?

I have tried my very best and I think I have represented myself very well in interviews, so this year, after my third try, I am going to respect their decision, either way :)

lol, yup.... They e-mailed those that didn't get interviews to tell them.

That's friggin' hilarious. Do you think there's anyone out there who has been anxiously checking their email every hour for the past 2 months in delusions that their interview invite just got lost?

ohhhh...

Figure though for OOP, only 9 get accepted so 10% approx, but the good news is that in past threads the chances come up to about 30% with waitlist movement, and the 9 people who accept those spots will leave 9 more spaces for us to get accepted elsewhere..

Gosh with such a small nos, I could proably just check this thread and have a good indication of my fate.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL...exciting times

That's friggin' hilarious. Do you think there's anyone out there who has been anxiously checking their email every hour for the past 2 months in delusions that their interview invite just got lost?

because if they didnt, i'm sure some people wouldve been like "it would've been nice to have some sort of official confirmation that i didn't get an interview instead of just leaving me hanging"

Guest ben1000

I got a automated email the other day saying that the letters would be mailed on or around the 15th. Doesn't give help much but I like analyzing everything to make time go by faster hahaha.

I got a automated email the other day saying that the letters would be mailed on or around the 15th. Doesn't give help much but I like analyzing everything to make time go by faster hahaha.

Yeah I totally feel the whole 'analyzing everything' thing. When did you get the email? Did you send them an email and receive that as a response?

does anyone know how many wait list spots there are for OOP? is it something to celebrate if I get on the wait list?

I think there were around 30-35 ppl on waitlist, and about half of that moves

Do we think it's mailed so that they arrive on the 15th, or mailed on the 15th?

This whole waiting anxiously is stressing me out, and while I know it is part of the process, I can't help but wait for it to be over! Time to start obsessing over other things.

I believe last year, the mailed it before so people would get it on 15th.. for some some it was a day or two early, while for others they had the wait for the long weekend and got it a day or two late

Archived