Premed 101 Forums

March notifications?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, guys, I'm sensing some SERIOUS anxiety here. For real, all, take my word on this, as I've been through it more times than any sane person would subject themselves to:

Find something else to do with your time than worry about Dal!

I know that schoolwork is likely off the table at this point (I know it is for me). To pass the time, I'm playing video games and hanging out with friends. Like I've posted elsewhere, it's not a workload I can keep up all semester, but not much work is going to get done anyways. STOP FRETTING! lol. Really, it's easier on everyone if you just veg out... watch some movies... hang out with your guy/girl... forget about Dal for the time being.

I would give up professionalism for less anxiety. E-mail, yes please!

It might be a while before we hear back. We don't know for absolute certain if they've even been mailed yet. I guess the premed crew is going to have to live with the anxiety for at least another 3 days.

Unfortunately, in my case haring back carries more weight than just anxiety. I have to tell my potential employers for the summer/next year what I'm going to be doing. If I do get in, I'm going to work with the military for 4 months this summer. If I don't, I'm going to be doing a 16 month engineering co-op placement. Both employers are hounding me for confirmation, and fibbing is off the table, because both know about my aspirations for medicine :S.

/\ so what are you going to do if you're waitlisted in a position where there is a good chance of your admission going either way (say, #7 or #8)?

I'm in the same boat as you w8... I need to tell my employer what's going on in my future very very soon

Why is it your last choice? And it's so low that you don't even care if you get in?

simply because its farthest away from my home... i care to some extent but given the other interviews i have at ontario schools i doubt it will matter if i get in at dal

Itimebomb, you made alot of people happy, who might be on the waitlist..

always happy to chip in :)

Guest ben1000
/\ so what are you going to do if you're waitlisted in a position where there is a good chance of your admission going either way (say, #7 or #8)?

I'm in the same boat as you w8... I need to tell my employer what's going on in my future very very soon

Same for me, I have a masters supervisor that is waiting for me to get an answer. I just hope he can stay patient for a little while longer.

simply because its farthest away from my home... i care to some extent but given the other interviews i have at ontario schools i doubt it will matter if i get in at dal

Definitely understandable - I wish I could have your self-assuredness. I have interviews at all of the Ontario schools but definitely do not assume I'm getting in. Good luck!

Guest ben1000

I checked out my dal online account for the status of my application and it says: Decision made. So at least we know for sur that the decision process is over. I wish they could just email us. It seems cruel to have to wait till next week when they already made their choice.

I checked out my dal online account for the status of my application and it says: Decision made. So at least we know for sur that the decision process is over. I wish they could just email us. It seems cruel to have to wait till next week when they already made their choice.

Even though it doesn't make a difference, I wish I could access dalonline... as an OOP I'm limited to the dalonline admissions thing :(.

'Decision Made' refers to the decision to give you an interview or not, and doesn't have anything to do with acceptance/rejection. The status has been that way for a while now in Dal Online.

Haha, guys, I'm sensing some SERIOUS anxiety here. For real, all, take my word on this, as I've been through it more times than any sane person would subject themselves to:

Find something else to do with your time than worry about Dal!

I know that schoolwork is likely off the table at this point (I know it is for me). To pass the time, I'm playing video games and hanging out with friends. Like I've posted elsewhere, it's not a workload I can keep up all semester, but not much work is going to get done anyways. STOP FRETTING! lol. Really, it's easier on everyone if you just veg out... watch some movies... hang out with your guy/girl... forget about Dal for the time being.

This.

I can tell you all that at both potential locations I could receive mail today, the mailman has come an gone. Being in a similar boat to W8 (I've applied more than I'd have liked to), There's NOTHING any of you can do right now. Don't call the admin. Don't camp out on their lawn. It's clear that no letters will be going out today, so they'll be out on monday. Maybe even tuesday.

The best thing you can do is continue on how you would spend your friday, saturday, and sunday as if you had never applied to med school, because the anxiety is not worth it. You want to worry when it's next friday and you still don't have any letter at all, at which point it's entirely fair game to give them a call/visit.

I have some thesis work I could contract out if people are looking for things to do ;)

I have it on good authority that the letters have not yet been mailed, but that they MAY be going out today. It's going to be a little while still, chums, so go out and enjoy the weekend. If any of you are in Fredericton tonight, the Chemical Engineering pubcrawl is going down. If you'd like to see a very drunk w8kg6, just look for the group of yellow shirts staggering down the road.

I'll be the dashingly handsome one :P.

Archived