Premed 101 Forums

How to get to UWO from London Airport?

Guest nanoarray

Guest T dawg 2004

There's really only one way to get to UWO cheap - to have someone pick you up.

Otherwise, you need to take one of the airport Limos which are quite expensive, but they have a monopoly on the traffic from London Airport.

Are you planning on just visiting? Or are you thinking you might want to go looking for a place to live? because I would suggest getting a car rental company to deliver the car to the airport (i.e. Enterprise - the only company really that "picks you up", i think) and the time your flight is scheduled. Then you would have the car for the weekend too.

T

Guest blinknoodle

That's not a bad idea about renting a car.

The nice thing at Checker Limousine is that they bill on a grid system, so you can call ahead to figure out what your fare will be (see www.voyageurtransportation.ca/checker/). It is around $23 from the airport to the campus.

As well, Enterprise does have a nice deal for a weekend car rental. Something like $29 for the weekend. But if you are under 25, you will need the long form of your insurance policy to be able to waive the fees for additional insurance (gold credit cards don't cut it). Call them in advance to figure out exactly what you need. Before my UWO interview I had booked a rental through Enterprise and they refused to rent me a car until they got in touch with my insurance company.. my insurance company must have been on lunch because after waiting 30 minutes, I left to find another car rental company.

Archived