Premed 101 Forums

The IP waitlist is starting to move!!

Guest Dr Loves to Laugh

Guest Dr Loves to Laugh

Hi everyone on the waitlist,

I just got an offer and I was on the in province wait list!!!:D So look alive, you could be next!

Guest Dr Loves to Laugh

Well,

HBSc in Biochemistry from Ottawa

GPA = 3.63

MCAT = 35 (VR 11, BS 12, PS 12, WS P)

I volunteer at two hospitals, take part in a school committee, take dance classes, work in retail, have gotten 2 summer research scholarships and some other minor things, and in the past I have peer tutored, worked four summers in a camp, worked at a local festival for three weeks X three years, donate blood every two months, and have been certified in CPR/first aid since I was 17. I hope I didn't forget anything and that you have all the info you need!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lab Monkey

Congrats McGillMed2010! I figured about 3 ppl would figure out who I was when I added my degrees. For anyone else reading the post I have to agree that interviews are key and is probably why I was waitlisted (I flew in from Halifax the morning of to be at McGill by 8am, and got 3-4h sleep the night before). If you are contemplating a grad degree next year only do it if YOU are interested. Its alot of hard work, long hours, and little money (and no 150k line of credit to help you along). I chose to do it before I ever applied to med (btw this was my first time applying) because I had an interesting project with a kickass supervisor. Good luck and don't give up!

Archived