Premed 101 Forums

GPA calculator for lab courses

ukie

Alright I am from U of T and we have a 0.5 and 1.0 credits system. It doesn;t make a difference whether you have a lab components or not.

So i was hoping someone could help me, since from what i understand the aamc gives those courses with labs more weight. But I had some courses that had a lab everyweek and others that have it every other week. How would that work?:confused:

Alright I am from U of T and we have a 0.5 and 1.0 credits system. It doesn;t make a difference whether you have a lab components or not.

So i was hoping someone could help me, since from what i understand the aamc gives those courses with labs more weight. But I had some courses that had a lab everyweek and others that have it every other week. How would that work?:confused:

All you do, is put in 0.5 and 1.0 credits under "hours" on AMCAS, based on what your ROSI says. It doesn't matter how often labs were .. as long as they were there, you check the box on AMCAS for labs. AMCAS will take into account that you are from UT, and you don't use "credit hours". Don't worry about it - your application shouldn't be discriminated against for that reason.

In the event that this comes up on secondaries, things become more ambiguous. You can probably put whatever you want if they ask on secondaries. I sometimes put 4h, sometimes 6h - each school may have a different method of calculating hrs. I wouldn't worry too much about it, the schools probably just want to know whether or not you did any lab.

Archived