Premed 101 Forums

Question about Clinical Rotations

Hey everyone,

I've recently been accepted to medical schools and am trying to maybe, finally, for once, grasp some sort of idea about my future. Obviously it's a long road ahead and I'm just happy to have been accepted!

I was wondering, however, about clinical rotations. Do you typically do these rotations at hospitals and clinics pre-determined by your school, or can you do them anywhere? I am wondering if I would be able to travel to a different province for some of my rotations, just to see whats out there. Are international rotations an option?

Thanks a lot!

I assume you mean clerkship rotations. These are done in Halifax and at other sites throughout the Maritimes (Sydney, Kentville, Moncton, Saint John, Charlottetown, Fredericton). It'll probably change a bit by the time you get to clerkship, but other than surgery, you can choose to go all over the place during the core rotations. Electives in Med 4 can be done anywhere - including outside the country.

I assume you mean clerkship rotations. These are done in Halifax and at other sites throughout the Maritimes (Sydney, Kentville, Moncton, Saint John, Charlottetown, Fredericton). It'll probably change a bit by the time you get to clerkship, but other than surgery, you can choose to go all over the place during the core rotations. Electives in Med 4 can be done anywhere - including outside the country.

In addition, certain core rotations (part of internal medicine) can be done away as well.

Archived