Premed 101 Forums

Admitted Students: Questions

Guest MD2010

Guest hoomsy

wow..haha i didn't know there was this e-mail option with this forum.

sorry to everyone who's e-mailed me in the past. i wasn't ignoring you...i was just ignorant and had no idea it was a function.

hoomsy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1985SS

Yeah, I got my official letter too but only after I had asked for it. I don't understand why they don't send to everyone? No one is recognizing the printed e-mail... (at least in my experience)

Guest hoomsy

noo...the official letter is the .pdf file they send you through e-mail.

you can print it off your own computer and it was totally cool with RBC.

hoomsy

Guest 1984MD

The letter we received on the 24th of April isn't the offical one, it is just an offer of admission. They will send us another one by email saying that we have accepted their offer.

What does the other letter say (the one people asked for)?

Hoomsy, did you show them the letter you got when you found out you were conditionally accepted or did you show them the one you got later on?

Guest DimitriTheDr

What's all this talk of letters? I received one email just after midnight the day offers were made. In the email there was one letter offering admission and another stating the conditions (which i had to sign and hand in). I have received no other letters....definitely none by post. What have other people received?

Guest 1985SS

No Hoomsy,

The pdf is not the official letter. RBC would not recognize it for me. The official letter I got clearly states that its the official letter, it is signed by Michel (not Francis) and clearly states I am entering Med I in the fall (unlike the pdf.)

Guest 1985SS

I have a question about the letter we got with the offer of admission on April 24th. Its the one guiding us to register with Medicines de Quebec or something like that. Anyways, when I checked out how much to pay, it had 3 options, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. Which one do we take? I know we have till October to complete it, but just wondering......

Guest Neuronic

Thank you everyone for your answers. I don't know if its worth the $100 bucks/ year for me to get the VIP package, but the VIP treatment sure sound tempting! But I am not sure what i'll do with the 25K though :\ . guess I'll just go ahead and make an appointment iwth RBC. Thanks again guys!

Guest hoomsy

Hey,

Yeah I just showed them the .pdf file I got when they first accepted me.

Dear Mr "Hoomsy" :) ,

On behalf of the Admissions Committee of the Faculty of Medicine of McGill University, I would like to offer you a position in the Fall 2006 MDCM Program with the possibility of your admittance into the MD-PhD Program at a later date. A final decision for about the Ph.D. portion for your application into the MD-PhD Program will be released by the end of February 2006, once the MD-PhD Admissions Committee has finalized its decisions. Please inform us of your decision, in writing, by noon of WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY15, 2006. The Admissions Office reserves the right to withdraw this offer, including that of the MD-PhD Program, if you have not confirmed or given notification to our office by the given deadline................and it keeps going...

So yeah...I just showed her a print out of this letter. It's just the offer....

So..I suggest you go to Peel and Sherbrooke branch. The woman's name is Maggie Hinds....maggie.hinds@rbc.com

just make an appointment with her and go...she's super nice.

Hoomsy

Guest hoomsy

yeah that medicine quebec thing...what do we do about that? i just put it aside. i thought they would instruct us aug 15th....is that what others are doing or are you taking care of that now?

hoomsy

oh PS

I just bought my 17 inch MacBook Pro with the Glossy screen....my wallet HURTS...it hurts BAAD...

Guest stressmess

On the day of offer, the 24th (for the MDCM students) I recieved one email shortly after midnight, that included two pdf files, as described previously. Recently, I have also called the admissions office and asked for an official letter of acceptance to give to RBC...this letter IS different than the one given on the 24th. Perhaps some RBC representatives are accepting the pdf given to us on the 24th as sufficient proof of acceptance while others are not, and this is why some of us are confused. As for the medicin/quebec thing, I don't remember reading anything about this. My first letter says that I've been offered admission and second has a while set of conditional requirements. Was there a third letter sent? because neither of my two letters mention anything about payments and dates...and I have not seen an October deadline anywhere...This worries me :\

Guest hoomsy

don't stress...

the first one says ur in...RBC only needs that.

the 2nd one is the contract. basically saying u complete ur degree etc. etc. They do that incase someone decides to just goof off and fail the rest of the year and not get the Bachelors or not finish a "pre-med" requirement (org, bio etc.)

all other info about immu. reg. all that...is just on the website..honestly i'm not even sure how i got that address...it wasn't on my letters....maybe i heard from this forum.

so don't stress...ur in doctor school!!!!

Hoomsy

Archived