Premed 101 Forums

What to do when waiting for interview?

Hi all,

I'm aware we have to be there at 7:45am (for Sat/Sun morning interviews), but if you find out your interview isn't until 11, what do you do in between? I know there is an info session until 9..but do some people just sit and wait the full 2 hours before if you're interviewing at 11?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I just grabbed a coffee from Starbucks and chilled with some friends in the cafeteria - basically what I typically do in Med Sci. I tried talking to some of the other interviewees, but it was doing my head in. After the usual introductory stuff (where do you go to school, what do you study, etc), it pretty much became a discussion about med school admissions. Even when I tried to veer the convo off that subject, they just kept bringing it back. At that point I basically excused myself and called up some of my friends to see if they were around. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I had no interest in discussing cut-offs at different schools, and odds of getting accepted post-interview. It was more relaxing for me to just chill with my friends. It got my mind off of the impending interview.

To be fair, not ALL interviewees are like this. I just happened to find myself talking to some especially uptight and neurotic ones. And I also happened to recognize most of them from my U of T classes lol.

Archived