Premed 101 Forums

Overload course cGPA calculation

So guys I am in third year undergrad currently and I took 5 courses (2.5 credits) in my first semester and 6 courses (3 credits) in my second semester that would add up to 5.5 credits. Does McGuill take the best 5 courses because this sucks all A's and ONE D! YEAH D like DAVID would could really kill me. I really hope they will consider the best 15 or 20 credits depending when I apply.

So guys I am in third year undergrad currently and I took 5 courses (2.5 credits) in my first semester and 6 courses (3 credits) in my second semester that would add up to 5.5 credits. Does McGuill take the best 5 courses because this sucks all A's and ONE D! YEAH D like DAVID would could really kill me. I really hope they will consider the best 15 or 20 credits depending when I apply.

I'm pretty sure they look at your overall cGPA, regardless of how many extra classes you take. ie. they don't take the best 5 courses/semester.

They just require you to take 5 courses/semester to be considered full-time. Any extra classes that you take on top of this is your own choice and you are putting yourself at risk.

Tnx guys. So like when they calculate the cGPA will they average ALL credits or calculate the cGPA for each year then devide for the number of years. Like: Lets say I got 3.59 overall in first year, then a 3.76 in second year and a 3.81 in third year. Those that mean they take (3.59+3.76+3.81)/3 or do they take all the credits and divide by 15?

Tnx guys. So like when they calculate the cGPA will they average ALL credits or calculate the cGPA for each year then devide for the number of years. Like: Lets say I got 3.59 overall in first year, then a 3.76 in second year and a 3.81 in third year. Those that mean they take (3.59+3.76+3.81)/3 or do they take all the credits and divide by 15?

The mean of all the three years, from what I understood.

Archived