Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeap, precisely. 1-2nd years were not so good for me, which cost me at uOttawa. I also found philosophy and history fascinating, thus I took quite a lot of them, which I found not easy to do well nor objective (relatively speaking of course, compared to science courses I had taken).

But it is okay. I learned my mistakes and will definitely retry if I don't make it this year.

if not this year, then the next!

everyones just a little more interview practice away from being 0.25 points higher so next time will be even better

we'll probably see 3-6 more spots move from acceptances & rejections if i was to make a wild guess

and i guess it does show that GPA can be pretty important

Did u go to the GPA killer university that is UT & finish fourth yr just now, joshb?

Misery loves company!

Ocho and joshb... you both have great wgpas... so maybe there is some separate list for Ottawa region residents and you two will be next to be called.

I feel like a few weeks ago we went through all this. We *thought* we were into another interview score b/c we'd passed me in the 3.8's. So, maybe the seperate list has some merit.

Oh lordy... who knows...

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

I'm sure my wGPA was calculated correctly. I did it using the formula from the website. My first two years gpa was in the 3.9's but third year really dropped it with a gpa of 3.72. The call came completely out of the blue because I figured I had no chance since the wGPAs were in the 3.9's.

I really hope everyone gets in at this point!! I am definitely rooting for all of you!

I'm in the 3.9s and others in the 3.9s and high 3.8s haven't been called. There is no way the GPA dropped from a 3.92 to 3.83. They must have a quota to fill for ottawa residents, just saying. Additionally, I am speculating a class is full e-mail in the coming days, but hopefully some other non-ottawa residents will hear some good news aswell, I wish they would not be so secretive grhhhhhhhhh:mad:

And I forgot to congratulate you Violet!! I guess crossing toes, fingers, arms legs etc worked out for you in the end :)

hahahaha! My method is highly recommended for anyone still waiting! It may be painful, but it clearly works!

Thanks for the congrats, all! Looking forward to meeting everyone in September, including the latest class addition, medmo123-congratulations to you too!!! :)

As for the confusion that seems to have been caused by my cGPA suddenly jumping down to 3.83 for medmo123....maybe mine was lower than I thought? OMSAS does seem to have a way of killing OOP GPAs...

Good luck to all those 3.9ers!

Maybe I'll see you guys on here next interview cycle. If the gpa doesn't increase back to 3.85 hopefully I'll be granted another interview next year.

Congrats again to everyone who made it, and best of luck to those of us who need to give it another year.

Hello everyone,

I'm not the most active premed101er but I thought I should let the other WLers know I was made an offer yesterday morning. (I guess it was the morning, I'm currently in Thailand and it's 9pm on the 24th).

GPA = 3.91

MCAT = 12B/12P/10VR Q (For those interested)

ECs = Residence Don for 3 years, club exec, member of student health team, international volunteering, NSERC, research etc. (I filled up the 48 items, not that this is necessary at all)

Applied to = UofT, Queens, UWO, Mac, Dal, McGill, Manitoba, Ottawa, Northern

Interview = UofT (Initial WL then rejected), Dal (Rejected), Ottawa (WL then accepted)

From what I read this was the last spot so it is bittersweet because I know the rest of the waitlisters are going to make great doctors and I wish everyone else the best of luck in future application cycles. We will definitely be working together in the future, don't you worry!

Congratulations to everyone else who was accepted!

Hello everyone,

I'm not the most active premed101er but I thought I should let the other WLers know I was made an offer yesterday morning. (I guess it was the morning, I'm currently in Thailand and it's 9pm on the 24th).

GPA = 3.91

ECs = Residence Don for 3 years, club exec, member of student health team, international volunteering, NSERC, research etc. (I filled up the 48 items, not that this is necessary at all)

Interview = UofT (Initial WL then rejected), Dal (Rejected), Ottawa (WL then accepted)

From what I read this was the last spot so it is bittersweet because I know the rest of the waitlisters are going to make great doctors and I wish everyone else the best of luck in future application cycles. We will definitely be working together in the future, don't you worry!

Congratulations!!

By the way, I'm in Thailand too right now!! Where are you?!?!??!

Hello everyone,

GPA = 3.91

SEUSS!!! Dude this is AWESOME! I guess we'll be classmates afterall :)

Hello everyone,

GPA = 3.91

Congrats Dr. Seuss!!! I can imagine how happy you are right now! Enjoy your vacation!

I guess we finally have a closure for Ottawa Med 2014 waiting list, but I still have a feeling that this is not the end of story yet, as I remembered turbo got in on August 23rd. Anyway, good luck to those of you who are still waiting and best of luck in next round of application. :)

Archived