Premed 101 Forums

Advice for MCAT 29 please!!!!

Guest Magnolia

Guest Magnolia

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if someone can give me some honest info about McGIll admissions...I can apply as a Quebec resident..i finished my undergrad out of province but have a really competitive GPA..MCAT though is 29. I have decent extra currics..think I have a chance??...do in-provinces really get in with MCAT 29's???

Guest McGillGrad

I have only seen one person with an MCAT of below 30 accepted to McGill.

Besides this person that frequents the boards, there is only this person www.mdapplicants.com/view...php?id=777 that has below a 30 who has been accepted.

Here is a nice cite that gives you stats of people that have applied and volunteered their info. There are a few McGill applicants there. www.mdapplicants.com/

Guest medicator007

APPLY!!!!

I have heard of several people getting interviews and even accepted with MCATs under 30.. some even lower than a 29!! With the rest of your application it is DEFINATELY worthwhile to apply.... whats the worst that can happen?

Medicator

Guest dfenst

I'm the guy with the 29 and so I have to say that you should apply. I'm sure that with McGill's average MCAT of 30-31, I'm not the only one with the sub-30 score. I may just be the only one who would post such a thing ;)

If the other aspects of your applications are strong (they don't have to be so much stronger than everyone else's), and you have good interpersonal skills for the interview, then I think you should apply. As an in province applicant, you have a shot.

Dan

Guest Magnolia

Thanks for the advice...It's good to hear some input...I'd definitely like to work on improving the rest of my application than writing the MCAT again! Good luck to everyone starting this fall...hopefully I'll be there next year!:D

You should definitely apply! I was accepted this year with a 29 and I know someone else currently at McGill with a 28. If you're a Quebec resident with a fairly good GPA, you have a good chance. Just write a good essay!

• 1 month later...
Guest medicator007

I concur... odds of getting in if you don`t apply are zero... odss of getting in if you do apply, more than that. Simply speaking, people have gotten in with MCATs under thirty... so as jbush said, its a matter of $ and time.

Medicator

Archived