Premed 101 Forums

course load requirements

Guest Tara191

Guest Tara191

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has spoken with the admissions lately to see what exactly is the course load cut-off. Ie. do they really require 30 credits a year or will they accept something less?

Thanks!

Guest quebecboy

Hello Tara191,

I spoke with a lady at McGill around 2 months ago (don't remember her name) concerning full course requirements. She seemed to press on the fact that 30 credits/year was pretty important, but the 15 credit/session wasn't so much (like if you've done a session with 17 credits, and the next with 14, which is my case). If you have a year without the 30 credits, call them up and explain your situation (they're really nice ;) )

Quebecboy

Guest medicator007

I second quebecboy`s statements... best course of action in this case would be to call the incredible folks over at the admissions office and explain to them YOUR case in particular, as sometimes things can vary from person to person and school to school.

Hope that helps,

Medicator

Guest rosie7172

To add to the whole course load question...

I was actually accepted despite never having completed a 30-credit year. I even had a year of "part-time student" status while doing a full year undergrad thesis. I don't consider this the rule, and was rejected from a handful of other schools because of it. I figure my application to McGill was saved because I also did a Master's after finishing my undergrad. The point is, it is probably better to have full course load, but the faculty has made exceptions to the rule as seen in previous posts.

best of luck!

rosie

Archived