Premed 101 Forums

Taking an undergrad course during your masters

Hey guys,

I got a question about taking an English undergrad class during my masters for med prerequistes. My question has to do with how the mark will count towards my GPA. Will medical schools just take the completion (like when you take summer school course during undergrad) or count the mark towards your Masters GPA? I just don't want a crappy english mark to bring down my gpa...

Thanks

Ocho

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

My understanding is that if you take an undergrad course, it will be considered part of your undergrad gpa even if you take it while doing your masters, which I'm assuming is at a different university from where you did undergrad.

Hi there!

My understanding is that if you take an undergrad course, it will be considered part of your undergrad gpa even if you take it while doing your masters, which I'm assuming is at a different university from where you did undergrad.

I tend to understand this point a different way. Most grad programs require students to take a certain amount of credits, in which "at least XX credits should be 500+ level courses". This is indicating the rest of the credits can be undergrad courses, and is a requirement to finish the degree. Thus, those courses are part of the grad program and should be counted as grad GPA.

Archived