Premed 101 Forums

applying through the CNFS stream

hi,

i am interested in applying through the CNFS stream this coming cycle as i am officially bilingual. i need to brush up on my french as i have not spoken much french since i graduated high school. i was wondering, if an applicant wishes to apply to the french program, are they allowed to complete the OMSAS online application in english and indicate preference for the french program? or are they required to complete and submit the OMSAS application in french?

thanks.

hi,

i am interested in applying through the CNFS stream this coming cycle as i am officially bilingual. i need to brush up on my french as i have not spoken much french since i graduated high school. i was wondering, if an applicant wishes to apply to the french program, are they allowed to complete the OMSAS online application in english and indicate preference for the french program? or are they required to complete and submit the OMSAS application in french?

thanks.

When I applied this past year, the entire application was in English and you just "check a box" indicating you want to apply to the french program.

thanks.

i was just wondering, is it disadvantageous to apply through the CNFS stream using an english application? would the committee hold in higher esteem those applications written entirely in french as CNFS is a french program?

also, if an individual was successful in securing an interview, is the entire interview conducted in french? if i indicate that i am bilingial, would they conduct the interview in french and english?

i heard interviews were conducted in french, but i could be wrong. it might not be french sooo just in case... id brush up on my klingon and elvish

my two cents about the app - ive never heard of someone doing an app in french (correct me if im wrong)

probably cant do it in french b/c ottawa has no written part solely for that school. the sketch you write will be shared with other schools and they probably would appreciate english

i heard interviews were conducted in french, but i could be wrong. it might not be french sooo just in case... id brush up on my klingon and elvish

my two cents about the app - ive never heard of someone doing an app in french (correct me if im wrong)

probably cant do it in french b/c ottawa has no written part solely for that school. the sketch you write will be shared with other schools and they probably would appreciate english

thanks.

you're right, since OMSAS deals with all english speaking schools, it is most prbly completed in english.

i'm still curious about the interview format. i am aware that in the english interview, if you claim to be bilingual, they test both your french and english. i'm just wondering if it would be the same in the french stream?

yah ive heard of people applying to english but claiming to be bilingual get tested for both (on this forum that is, which aint reliable!)

i was english myself, idk about the french stream. actually i know someone who went thru french, ill ask him sometime

yah ive heard of people applying to english but claiming to be bilingual get tested for both (on this forum that is, which aint reliable!)

i was english myself, idk about the french stream. actually i know someone who went thru french, ill ask him sometime

thanks. i'd really appreciate any insight.

Hi there

I applied to the CNFS and my interview was entirely in French. They didn't even ask me a single question in English.

thanks. i was just wondering, what kind of level of grasp is required of the french language during the interviews? would the kind of french someone learns in high school be considered appropriate or is a higher level required?

Archived