Premed 101 Forums

Where will you be on Friday?

Guest wassabi101

Guest wassabi101

So what will you all be doing on Friday and where will you be?

Will you check your email all day or choose to check it once or twice in the day?:\

How will you celebrate or mourn?

I think I'm going to avoid coming into the office Friday....It'll drive me crazy to be avoiding the outlook express icon every second minute! What a wonderful day to do some reading at the park or better yet, maybe a little shopping and some suishi? :) I figure if the outcome is bad, it might console me a bit and if it's good, well heck why not, I'll be celebrating all night.....and weekend....and month.....screw the thesis if I get in ;) :lol

Wishing you all lots of rest in this most unrestful time!

-wassabi

Guest freckles

I am very lucky and have fridays off, so as girlie as this may be I have an appointment at a salon. I figure it will relax me and the extra pretty hair will be good for either celebrations or consoling a wounded ego, come what may.

Guest UWOMED2005

I'm going to be at home studying for my final preclerkship medical school exams. Yeah, I will probably check my e-mail during study breaks. I expect neither a rejection nor acceptance unless there is some catastrophic failure of the OMSAS server.

Good Luck to all of you waiting!

Guest UofCMeds2005

Good luck to you all. I too use the girlie method of relaxation. Right before my endo exam I went in for the works - the perfect study break!

Guest MayFlower1

Hey wassabi,

Friday morning I will be trying sleeping in until at least 5:00am :eek Then, like many other people around here, I'll be here in Ottawa...glued to my computer with this board up and running...and an automaton clicking the send/receive button on outlook express :lol

Peter

P.S. And although I'm male, I really enjoy the girlie thing too...if any of you guys out there haven't had a good spa session with a pedicure (with a hot wax treatment to finish), manicure and a massage...you don't know what you're missing...

Guest MayFlower1

UWOMED2005,

If you do get an acceptance or a rejection...I'm really going to be suspicious of the system ;)

Peter

Guest misagh

Hello all,

On Friday, I will be at work here at the med school bldg in Ottawa. It will take every ounce of will power not to make a mad dash for the office and beg them to tell me my status...!

I will check my e-mail perhaps two or three times during the day. I will perhaps be in a reflective/meditative state of being, whereby good news or bad cannot affect me. Then, the next day, if it's good news, I'm gonna be pulling a "Matrix", literally flying through the sky. If it's bad news, then I will drown my sorrows the next day with a nice tall glass of cold iced tea. Welcome to the mind of Misagh Ziaei...

Hey Peter, a few days ago I saw a clone of you on the bus! I did a double take! It looked almost exactly like you except one-eighth u'r size (just kidding) (does the Dr. Evil pinky). He had almost the same hair, was carrying a computer bag, and was fairly tall. Just thought you'd like to know :)

Take care everyone! May providence, in whatever shape it may assume, descend upon us all!

Guest snoopychan

Like Misagh, I'll be working at the U of O med building. However, I'll be checking email at a rate of 5 times/min. Hopefully getting good news which will sling shot me into the weekend.

Hey Misagh: It's "soccer boy" from Harper's lab. I know where the mailroom is. I know they have their boxes of envelopes ready to go. How are your lock-picking abilities?

Guest stargirl

forget the lock picking guys...what we need is an e-mail hacker...hee hee...(joking, btw, in case y'all are wondering).

misagh...good luck to you, and all the other mocksters...you know who you are - tappety tap, carletongirl, mayflower...it would be an honour to be classmates with any and each of you.

but no matter what happens, always remember this (it's a quote from an e-card i got)...

"success is

loving life

and daring

to live it"

it's as simple as that!

stargirl

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah, I probably need to revise my statement. Looks like I'll probably be hitting refresh on THIS site every 15 minutes tomorrow while studying, hoping to hear good news.

Once again, good luck. . . though I don't think you'll need it.

Guest wassabi101

LOL :lol Great ideas posted!

I'm actually going to start pampering myself early this evening and avoid the computer tomorrow at all costs! I figure at 5:00pm, I'll check, and I'll either have an email or I won't.....that way there's no doubt :\ ......

Well I'm saying this now :rolleyes although tomorrow, I might think differently and be checking consistently like the rest of you ;)

Good luck to you all! I look forward to hearing the good news from you all tomorrow evening!

:D

-wassabi

Guest aneliz

Well tomorrow morning I'm going to get up at the crack of dawn...pack some last minute repro knowledge into my head, and then at 9, I'm going to go and write my last exam of Med 1....and after that FREEEEDOOMMMM!!!!! I can hardly wait! A whole afternoon of fun...I think I'm finally going to go see the matrix....but of course I'll be checking here around noon to see what's up with all of you!

Best of luck everyone!!! :D

Guest misagh

Snoopychan! Now you're talking!

You distract them, and I'll be in and out in 10 seconds flat.

You're the man!!!

Hey, are we playing soccer tomorrow?

Guest misagh

Hey stargirl, tappety tap, carletongirl, et al!!! Even though I don't always respond to your posts I always read them with delight :) The very best of luck to each and every one of you!

Guest misagh

Sorry, last post, I swear! Aneliz, if you end up seeing the Matrix... pay close attention to the last 10-15 mins of the movie especially! I won't say any more, as I don't want to give you any preconceived ideas going into it... I hope you end up seeing it with some truly die-hard Matrix fans, as that can only boost your movie-going experience :)

Guest Tanya24

Well, I promised myself I wouldn't make myself any more nervous by logging on tonight, but here I am!! I have to leave for work tomorrow at about 10:15 am EST, so I expect I will check my email obsessively until then. At work I do not have net access so I will stew until 5:00 and then stampede home.

Thank you all who have corresponded with me over the last year! Whatever happens tomorrow (and over the next week), keep your chins up and your eyes fixed on your goals. We will survive!! Good luck.

Archived