Premed 101 Forums

Question about CV

shuks

As long as it's meaningful to you, anything you think can have a positive impact on your admission should be written down on your CV... But I would not recommend talking about things that happened wayyyy too long ago though, like 3rd grade elementary. On my CV, the farthest I went back in time was 4th grade High school (school projects, drama, ...), so about 4 years ago from the time I applied. And I got an interview. Good luck !;)

I just helped someone with her CV for another purpose. Her CV was 3 pages long and gave information relating to what elementary schol she went to and what grades she received in h.s. I cut it down to one page, deleting all unnecessary information. She is 18 yrs old, complketed first yr law and is applying to work for a lawyer. Gvien that she is already a law student, the lawyer will know she is bright, so why waste space setting forth her grades in h.s.

So, bottom line, your CV should be able to give adcom an overview of who you are on the planet, what you have accomplished and when. Keep it simple. Make it precise and concise.

I just helped someone with her CV for another purpose. Her CV was 3 pages long and gave information relating to what elementary schol she went to and what grades she received in h.s. I cut it down to one page, deleting all unnecessary information. She is 18 yrs old, complketed first yr law and is applying to work for a lawyer. Gvien that she is already a law student, the lawyer will know she is bright, so why waste space setting forth her grades in h.s.

So, bottom line, your CV should be able to give adcom an overview of who you are on the planet, what you have accomplished and when. Keep it simple. Make it precise and concise.

I agree with you 100%, but I think it's important to give details about earlier education (maybe not as far back in time as Elementary, but still..). One can write what high school he/she attended and when he/she did so, and yet be short and concise.:rolleyes:

The CV requirement is purposely made vague so that it is entirely up to you to decide what is relevant and what is not. I believe it is 2 pages maximum and in that you are free to organize it however you like.

I don't think putting your highshool would be meaningful as everyone has attended highschool, nor should you put things that you already discuss in great detail in your application. This is the place that you should cram all the other "awesome" stuff about yourself that you didn't put into your autobiography.

Awards? Scholarships? Research Papers? Volunteer Jobs? Work? Hobbies and Sports? Really anything goes as long as you think it will show the adcom how wonderful you are. The real catch however is trying to fit it all into the page limit while still keeping it pretty.

This flowchart might help you find the fonts you need:

http://julianhansen.com/files/infographiclarge_v2.png

Is there a font recommendation (times new roman) and minimum font size?

I don't believe they really care of the type of font you use as long as they can read it. Still, Arial and Times New Roman do the job.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived