Premed 101 Forums

how's it work

Guest jeffsimz

Guest jeffsimz

I am an Ontario resident who is not from the Ottawa region. If I hit the WGPA cutoffs set for next year, do I automatically get an interview or is my sketch evaluated at all? Thanks a lot.

Jeff

Guest Tanya24

If you make the cut-off for your geographical region, you get your sketch read. Then you get a score based on 50% WGPA and 50% sketch. Those with the highest scores get interviews. Check out the Ottawa webpage. It describes this process in more detail. Good luck.

Guest aneliz

I know of a few people that more than met the WGPA cuts and did not receive an interview due to the 'quality' or content of their autobiographical submissions. From what I understand, meeting Ottawa's GPA cuts does not automatically = interview like it does at UWO.

As far as I know. Last year around 2000 people applied, around 700 made the GPA cut off and around 500 were interviewed. So Aneliz is right meeting the cut offs does not guarantee interview but gets you closer to it :)

Guest bad hombre

I made the cutoffs but did not receive an interview. Apparently my esperiences volunteering in AIDS orphanages in Ethiopia and sex education in Central America (I'm not exaggerating here) don't signify enough life experience :rolleyes |I

Honestly, I lacked significant research AND employment experience, so that probably killed me. Still pretty sketchy though (no pun intended).

Guest GordUW

My sketch sucked (in my opinion), i have almost no volunteer experience, i barely made the GPA cutoff, like 3.84 for Ontario residents, I'm applying with 2 years of grades, I still got an interview, well after they wrongfully rejected me for no having enough years.

Only thing i can think that was good in my application were the reference letters.

BTW, i didn't even fill up all 48 entries...

Maybe the difficulty of my program-biochem, helped me??

NO idea

I don't think there was anything super fantastic in my application. I filled exactly 26 entries. Beats me what they are looking for, but trust me you don't have to be perfect to get an interview.

Archived