Premed 101 Forums

May 30th!!

Guest UofOhopeful

Guest Tanya24

Actually, yes. The past 2 days I've been waking up with the same butterflies that I experienced the week leading up to my interview. For me, the most effective way of dealing with this anxiety is to think of all the possible things I could do in Sept. if I am not accepted. I suppose it's my way of "preparing for the worst." But, not a day passes where some well-meaning person doesn't ask "so, what are your plans for the fall?" "Grrrrr.... no idea, but thank you for asking!!!" I just hope we hear by email on the morning of the 30th.

Guest MayFlower1

Hmmm...tomorrow's my birthday... 40 years old :eek Four weeks left till the end of the initial waiting period! I guess they're making us aware of what many patients go through waiting for doctors prior to being seen :lol

The 30th will come faster than we think. I wouldn't count on an email this year though...apparently it caused a bunch of extra work for the university last year. The university's mailserver crashed in the middle of sending out e-mail acceptances...the word hit the boards...the result was apparently tons of people called up to see if they didn't receive a message because of some sort of error. In the info session this year, someone said that they're not sure whether they're going to send emails again this year...we may have to wait for the mail!

Peter

just to brighten everyone's hopes..

at our info session at the last interview date April 17th, Nicole said the dean wanted e-mail notifications, so they are definitely doing it...they are going to set up the list ahead of time and are updating the system some how as to not crash like last year...

so here's to e-mails on May 30th!

Cheers

Guest UofOhopeful

Hey Tanya,

I really haven't found a positive way of dealing with the anxiety yet. I just keep thinking about my interview and some of my answers... I didn't do horribly but with all the great candidates out there, I don't know whether I did as well as I needed to do. Guess we'll just have to sit here patiently... waiting... trying to think of something else... not med school related... not interview related... anyone got some benzo's ? aaah!! 8o

Guest UofOhopeful

Hey Peter,

Hope you have a great birthday. I've read a number of your messages and you seem like a great guy. If we both get in, the first drink's on me.

Guest MayFlower1

Andrea, UofOhopeful,

Thanks for the birthday wish. It's so nice to be celebrating a 40th birthday...the best thing about celebrating birthdays...it means you're still on this wonderful planet to celebrate them!

Too bad the weather doesn't look good today...this is the first May 1 I can remember that wasn't sunny and warm...

Peter

Guest Tanya24

Happy Birthday Peter!! How many pills left now? hee hee.

UofOhopeful, sounds like a good strategy. My interview wasn't horrible either, but it was definitely the "curent events-political- not much about me" type. I squeezed in as many personal examples as I could, but you never know. I just renewed my fitness membership and I am going to burn off some stress each day as May 30th approaches. Good luck! We'll all go out for that drink if we get in!

NBer, thanks for the news about emails!!! I have to leave for work at 10:00 am so I hope they come sooner or I just may have to call in paranoid that day. Aaahh!!

Tanya.

Guest UofOhopeful

I was a little surprised that my interviewers appeared as if they didn't read over my autobiographical sketch. That, more than anything, threw me off... Anyway, I'm going to be taking out my frustrations by playing a little hockey.

And Tanya, something tells me that if we all do get in, we'll have the first two weeks to do more than our fair share of drinking... ;)

Guest UOMeds06

I found out today from the admissions office that they will be attempting to email acceptances on the 30th. Unfortunately that's all I know. Just make sure to check your junk mail folders etc. If you're using hotmail, check your filter level because the highest level rejects all emails unless they're from someone on your mailling list. Also do not panic if you don't get one because the server may fail again. Don't try to guess how they are sending them out (ie. what order) because that will only stress you out more! :P Good luck everyone!

UOMeds06

Guest MayFlower1

J,

Thanks for the great news. I'm happy they didn't give up on the idea...it's certainly a stress reliever for those who get a first round offer...no doubt about it...I also think it gives some sort of closure for those who don't get first round acceptances as well. It would be great if they sent ALL letters like this (i.e., acceptances, good waitlists, bad waitlists)...but I guess that would be a huge endeavour. I hope it goes more smoothly this year...and I hope people don't flood the university with calls like last year or they may just not do this anymore.

Thanks for the info.

Peter

Archived