Premed 101 Forums

ABS Sketch Activities

So I recently graduated from uni in june, However, I have just begun new volunteer activities.. how would I list this activities after graduating? since one of things on the sketch states, when was activity done/started, like first year uni for example... should i just write post-grad?

Also, if I am taking 2 courses from a different university from where I just graduated do I need to add these to formal education in the sketch?

thanks in advance.

Thanks for your response. But I did not start them in June... I started them last week, so that would not be accurate..?

One other question arose when I was working on my sketch today.. I volunteer at a charity house, I have that down as one activity right now.. If I helped out in other big fundraising events associated with the House, like a golf tournament and walks for familes to raise money outside of my normal volunteer position should I add 2 separate entries into the sketch? so I would have 3 entries or just leave them all under the single charity volunteer activity and just have 1 entry? I am not sure if this is one of those examples that would be considered quantity and not quality...

hey,

i just had a few questions about EC's at uOttawa. i played intramural soccer with high school friends for 4 summers, but the summers were not consecutive. i was wondering if i should clump them all together and explain that they were not consecutive, or should i list them separately?

also, does the admissions committee only look at those activities completed during the most recent three years, or do they look at everything since you started university?

finally, i am a master's student. i know grad school grades don't factor into the wGPA calculation, but would the presentations, research work, and other activities i performed during grad school be looked at in my sketch?

thank you.

hey,

i just had a few questions about EC's at uOttawa. i played intramural soccer with high school friends for 4 summers, but the summers were not consecutive. i was wondering if i should clump them all together and explain that they were not consecutive, or should i list them separately?

I had something similar and I listed them together and then clarified in the details section which summers I did the activity for.

also, does the admissions committee only look at those activities completed during the most recent three years, or do they look at everything since you started university?
Since the beginning of undergrad.

finally, i am a master's student. i know grad school grades don't factor into the wGPA calculation, but would the presentations, research work, and other activities i performed during grad school be looked at in my sketch?
They'll be looked at, but who knows if they'll have much of an impact on your ABS "score". But it's not like you're going to leave them out anyway.

I had something similar and I listed them together and then clarified in the details section which summers I did the activity for.

Since the beginning of undergrad.

They'll be looked at, but who knows if they'll have much of an impact on your ABS "score". But it's not like you're going to leave them out anyway.

thanks dude. :)

Archived