Premed 101 Forums

Is it okay to do this??

CDN_premed_

It would be fine. As long as the 3 letters are strong.

it would definitely be a strange thing to see for an adcom. Not getting a ref letter from a place you've been in for three years is suspicious. It's almost expected.
One of the things I've learned through this process is that you can never put yourself into the mindset of admissions. Who knows what they're thinking?!

I'm not getting a letter from my PhD supervisor simply because there are other professors I worked with at the school where I did my bachelor's and master's who have known me for twice as long (one of whom I still collaborate with on occasion) and can write me better letters. I think all that matters is that you get the best letters you can, and if you have good reasons for not wanting to include that letter, then don't include it.

it would definitely be a strange thing to see for an adcom. Not getting a ref letter from a place you've been in for three years is suspicious. It's almost expected.

uhhh... if he doesn't want to get a letter from that lab, he doesn't have to. There's nothing strange about it at all even if he's been working there for 10 years, as long as his other letters are good.

Archived