Premed 101 Forums

Reapplicant Question

Sorry if this is a stupid question but if we are reapplying to Alberta, do we submit a new undergraduate primary application?

I logged into my old primary application and it still had all my personal information filled out and a link to the secondary application, which was not filled out.

So I'm wondering if I just proceed with the secondary application from there, or if I need to submit a new primary application, obtain a new application ID and then go on from there?

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
Sorry if this is a stupid question but if we are reapplying to Alberta, do we submit a new undergraduate primary application?

I logged into my old primary application and it still had all my personal information filled out and a link to the secondary application, which was not filled out.

So I'm wondering if I just proceed with the secondary application from there, or if I need to submit a new primary application, obtain a new application ID and then go on from there?

Thanks!

+1. I have the same question - anyone know?

Don't know how you do it, LostLamb. It took all I had to reapply this year but if I don't get in, this will be my final attempt.

Did you do better on your MCAT than you first thought LostLamb? For your sake I hope so. I remember on FlashChat you were worried.

I'm just curious, but how many times have you applied, KLM and LostLamb? And what career goals are you working toward in the meantime?

I feel like I need some insight from people who have been at this a lot longer than myself. I hope I am not asking questions that are too personal.

This will be my 3rd attempt for U of A and U of C. I have been waitlisted twice at one school, once at the other.

My MCAT did not go that well. Better than my old score but not what I was hoping for. If I hadn't panicked in PS I think I could have done very well. I am seriously considering rewriting, but depends on how things roll this spring.

To answer the other poster's question, I've completed a Master's and I am now in teacher's college. :D

i just started a new primary application- i spoke to admissions and that is what they told me to do.

Also for anyone who's been waitlisted.. i feel your pain! Being that close and then having to restart in a new cycle can be really challenging but hold in there and just hope for the best.. :)

I don't know...every year I just start a new primary application.:confused:

There was a comprehensive & informative session earlier today called "A Taste of Medicine" hosted by the University's medical faculty, instructor's, and student MD Ambassadors, on what qualifications/characteristics a premedical applicant should demonstrate to get in. Although I know it doesn't help for those who missed it, I will be making an effort to advertise these types of events here, when they are known.

As a side note, the Entering Stats for 2010 are now posted on the UME website, found here: http://www.med.ualberta.ca/Education/UME/admissions/dofm_stats.cfm

Best of luck to all!

Archived