Guest doctorfunk

Congratulations, everybody!

I got my interview invitation yesterday (Monday) for Fri Mar 7. Surname 'C'

Maybe it is alphabetically arranged...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tanya24

Peter, Steve, doctorfunk, amoeba joe thanks for the encouragement. Good luck to you as well. Peter, I've been rooting for you for at least a year now: knock 'em out!!! I wish I lived in Ottawa so I could practice mock interviews with you guys. I'll be lucky if the boss gives me the Friday off just to fly there for my interview. :)

Tappety, just in case my previous comment was unclear, I didn't mean to imply that the letters are mailed out in alpha order by the Admissions office. Rather, we have found that interviews are conducted in alpha order over the course of March-April.

Keep in touch, everyone, and take care.

Tanya.

Hi everyone

I hate to say this, but I've been following your posts for months and never got around to saying hi. I'd like to thank all of you; knowing that there are others out there going through the same thing is immensely encouraging.

Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview already. Maybe I'm just worrying too much, but I haven't heard anything and I live in the Ottawa area. Are rejections sent out after offers?

Thanks so much :D

Last year they sent out rejections maybe 2 weeks after interiview invites. That being said I am from Ottawa and my letter last year arrived about a week late, compared to other students outside of Ontario!!! I was a little bit upset :) So wait a little bit more and if you have not heard I would give them a call in a week to make sure that things have not gotten lost in the mail :) Good luck and congrats to Peter and all of you that will be interviewing in Ottawa.

Hi guys,

Congrats to all those who got the interviews.

Does Ottawa send all their interview invites together or is it like U of T (in batches according to your interview date)?

What are the interview weekends for Ottawa, anyways?

Thanks

Krish

As far as I know interviews are sent out all together, no batches. Ottawa intervies during the week, not on the weekends. Should not conflict with other interviews in Ontario.

Guest Laurent27

I called the admissions office last Thursday

Here is the list of days they hold interviews:

Saturday, March 1st (Reserved for out of province)

Tuesday, March 4th

Friday, March 7th

Friday, March 14th

Tuesday, March 18th

Thursday, March 20th

Saturday, March 22nd (Reserved for out of province)

Wednesday, April 2nd

Wednesday, April 9th

Monday, April 14th

Thursday, April 17th

Thanks for the update Laurent27. I guess there is a next batch, the grad students :)

To amoeba joe, once you are granted an interview I believe that it does not matter if you are OOP or not. They don't consider that anymore. At that point I seem to recall is all up to the interview.

Guest northerngal

Congratulations to all those who got interviews! I also received an interview at Ottawa (found out today). It's a relief, although I have to wait until April 14 (darn that last name!):D

Guest MayFlower1

Congrats Northerngal! The nice thing is, it will be less time for you from the time you have your interview until the time you find out the result! ;)

Peter

Guest Shahenshah

congrats Peter..I'm confident that this will be YOUR time and I really hope you get in this year..congrats to everyone else who got the interview invitation..I have received an interview invitation for March...Hopefully I'll see some of u there then.

Guest logosmd

Few words can describe how thankful I am right now. Congratulations to all who got that wonderful big brown envelope and best of luck to those still waiting. I am an "E" person and slotted for an interview March 7. Anyone else on March 7?

I am very impressed by the billeting program. It is an honour to be able to stay at students homes for a night. That is a lot of trust and respect. Really looking forward to the whole event.

Cheers to all,

logosmd

Guest MayFlower1

shahenshah, logosmd,

Congratulations! I hope you also have good skill and luck in the interview process!

Shahenshah, what date and time is your interview set for?

Peter

Guest Shahenshah

hi peter..I actually have a conflict with my interview date and so I have to clear that up with the adcom..so as of now I really don't know (btw right now its scheduled for mar 7 in the afternoon)

Hi!

It's great to hear so many of you have interviews, and congratulations to all of you. I was just wondering if anyone else is still waiting. I have about a 3.85, I'm from Ottawa, have lots of volunteer, research, NSERC, etc, and I'm bilingual so I thought my chances (or at least my interview chances!) were not bad.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks

Guest MayFlower1

martyb,

Your WGPA and experience sound excellent...it would be very surprising to me if you didn't get an interview. I would give it some more time...your mail might be later than others for some reason. If you haven't heard in another week or so you might consider calling admissions to check that nothing happened...

Peter

Guest Namgalsip

Congrats to everyone that has received and invite, I'm so excited for you!

Just out of curiosity (and some peace of mind :) )Is anyone in Toronto still waiting? I'm trying to take your advice and not worry :rolleyes , but as suggested, it's much easier said than done.

Guest stargirl

It's been a long time since I've visited this board but somehow it feels like I never left....

Ottawa April 2nd Last name "O"

It's nice to know that there are other people out there who have applied before...last year I felt like I had three heads because it wasn't my first time applying...This is round number three for me so it's either third time's the charm or three strikes you're out...I'm trying to stay optimistic but I know that the interview at ottawa will either make or break you...and I also know that interviews always make me so nervous that I feel like I'm going to throw up...and so I end up completely choking (not literally ;) thank goodness) que sera sera I guess...best of luck to everyone...

Guest MayFlower1

stargirl,

NICE TO SEE YOU BACK! Congratulations on the interview invite. Are you in Ottawa? I'm sorry, I've forgotten where you're from. If you're in Ottawa would you be interested in participating in some mock interviews? Some of the UofO med students have offered me this opportunity...I could see whether they would mind having a few of us...I'm sure they wouldn't mind. If you're not in Ottawa or surrounding area I started a thread on the interviews discussion group which deals with various questions or at least the types of questions one might get during an interview...

Here's a link to the thread:

pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm20.showMessage?topicID=81.topic

I hope you join in!

Good luck to you!

Peter

Guest Tanya24

Welcome back stargirl, I was wondering what became of you from last year! Don't worry, you're not alone: many of us here are in the repeated applications club. Perhaps you can take some consolation in the fact that you KNOW exactly what to expect on I-Day. Anticipate that their job is to try to rattle you. It's not personal. Expect it beforehand and you'll feel more prepared. Just my two cents. This is the advice I'm giving myself. :) Good luck!!

Guest tappety tap

April 9th...phew, I was getting so worried!! I've never had a med school interview before...how are you guys preparing? How can I get in on this mock interview thing?

Archived