Premed 101 Forums

It has begun!

Guest MayFlower1

Guest UOMeds06

tutifruiti,

Geez, didn't know you still came to the board. You should be a moderator. il faudra avoir un francophone ici!

Good luck studying cardio...see you on Monday...email me, have a question for you.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Namgalsip

Thanks everyone!

Krish,

Yes, I am in Toronto. I just got my invitation today (Feb 7) so if you haven't heard anything, don't give up hope yet! Maybe the mail is just slower in TO (more volume, bigger grownds to cover).

I really hope you hear soon.

Nams

Guest Laurent27

Kelly,

I am backing Trish in her answer cause I also called the admissions and they told me since all status will be sent by mail they will not discuss the status of an applicant by phone untill all notifications are sent. He also told me that if if an applicant was invited for an interview and did not confirm with them by the due date they would call. I alsofind that this waiting game is pretty harsh.

Hey all,

I called admissions today and they said that all intervites were sent off on Friday. If invites are not confirmed by 21st they will call.

This wait truly sucks!!!!

Hi

I've never posted before but I've been reading this stuff for a couple weeks. I'm getting pretty worried about not receiving an invite for an interview yet. I really thought I would get one. I'm have a 3.96, lots of extra currics, volunteer, overseas stuff, all 48 spots filled, etc...but also an OOP.

Is there still any hope? I can't imagine a letter from Ottawa taking over a week to get here (East coast)

Anyway, good luck to all!

MJS3

Guest Nightrider

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if rejections have gone out yet for Ottawa. At this point, knowing either way would beat this waiting! It's driving me nuts!

I thought for sure I was not going to get one after Thursday, but then Namgalsip said that the invite came on Friday, and got my hopes up again. Damn waiting.

BTW, if anyone is interested in Western, I got a rejection today (was expecting it b/c I didn't make the WS cut-off). I don't know if that means they've sent off all their rejections yet though.

Good luck to all.

Guest tappety tap

Nightrider...I didn't make the VR cutoff either at UWO so I can't wait for that lovely rejection letter. Where do you live? Just wondering how far you are from London.

Guest Nightrider

I live in the K-W area...about an hour from London. I didn't check the date on the letter, so I'm not sure how long it took. Sucks to miss out on only one of the cut-offs, eh? Especially when it's the WS, the only SUBJECTIVELY marked part of the MCAT. Sigh. Oh well.

Guest tappety tap

Yeah your situation is pretty hard to swallow I must say. But I got caught on the verbal section which is a much more common problem for people usually. Oh well! It's all part of the "game".

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME

I have been waiting to get the interview letter for Ottawa U but I haven't received anything. Is it too late!!!! Did anyone receive the letter today? Please someone tell me cause I am freaking out :rolleyes

Guest UOMeds06

MJS3,

I wouldn't give up hope. With those stats, you're sure to have an interview somewhere....if not here. The most important thing for premeds to realize is that you must have persistance. If you don't get an interview one year, then figure out how to improve your app then re-apply. If you don't get passed the interview then figure out how to improve then do it again. I know people who have applied in excess of 6 times who eventually got in (and no, they aren't the oldest people in the class). If there's anything that I realized after half a year of medical school is that there was really NO rush. At times, I wish that I had lived a bit more before starting....but normally I'm the happiest guy in the world to know that I'll be doing what I've always wanted to do very soon.

You'll have yours soon!

UOMeds06

Yah - Ottawa's invite is getting pretty silly. I called today and they confirmed that all the letters were mailed out on Jan 31st. BUT rejection letters have not been all sent out. And it's not like Canada Post is that bad to be 10 days in getting something to me!

Well I really don't get it! My application was pretty solid. I really don't know what I can change next year that will make my application any better for Ottawa. I was sure I'd at least would've been given an interview. It just doesn't make sense!

Henry.

Hi guys

I think we are done :( I really doubt that we'll receive interview letters tomorrow or the next day. It has been 11 days!!!! I really don't know why I didn't get an interview :( So does anyone think that there might still be some letters for interview? Did anyone receive anything today? Also I went to the faculty thursday and they told me that they will still send interview letters on friday feb7... but when i called they told me they sent everything jan31!!!! so I am really confused. I hope we receive it tomorrow. Best of luck to those who are waiting :)

There is still hope. I got the good letter in TO today. Stamped on the 3rd by special delivery. There is still hope. My cumulative GPA is just over 3.85. Good luck.

Guest bad hombre

hey guys,

I still haven't gotten anything (invite or rejection), and i'm leaving the country for the next ten days tommorow. Should I give them a call? Good luck

hugo

Guest MayFlower1

Raid123,

I'm very sorry to hear you received a rejection...hopefully you will get some interviews with other schools. Don't get down on yourself...regroup...analyse what you could do differently next year and try again.

I'm on my second attempt...I think I know what I need to do this year. I would say that some serious introspection with respect to your application should show you the way...unless, of course, your WGPA isn't strong enough. Mine isn't stellar (3.73 according to the OMSAS scale) and I have managed to get interviews both times I've applied. If WGPA isn't the issue you need to sit back and take an objective look at your application. If you can't do this for some reason, consider asking someone in meds or someone in this forum to do so for you.

Take care.

Peter

Guest tappety tap

Peter,

Just arrived in Ottawa...it's 11pm...I don't have your phone number so if you are still interested in sharing a ride tomorrow morning, give me a call either tonight or tomorrow. If not, I'll see ya there! Thanks!

Melissa

Guest MayFlower1

Hey Melissa,

I think it would be best if we took two cars, however, why don't you come by my place and you can follow me. I'll give you a call at a more reasonable time of the morning.

Peter

Archived