Premed 101 Forums

Can't find a person to billet with for interview

Guest Namgalsip

Guest Namgalsip

It seems that my interview happens to be scheduled on the week of the student's cardio exam. As such, I can't find anyone willing to billet me. Did anyone else find someone for March 3rd (i.e. interview on March 4th)? Maybe they can take another?

Nams

Guest Ian Wong

The easiest way for you guys to communicate is for one of you, or both, to go into your preferences and enable private messaging. When that's activated, people can send you messages that will arrive in whatever e-mail address you gave EZBoard when you registered, although the sender won't get access to the receiver's email address, nor will the receiver get the sender's email address unless you choose to type it out in the body of the message.

To enable private messaging, you need to click on "My Control Center" from the main forums page, then "Account Preferences", then "Accept Private Messages."

Hope this helps!

Ian

UBC, Med 4

Guest Namgalsip

Hey Sil,

That would be really great...no pressure though ;)

I set up my account to accept private messaging so you can contact me outside this board.

Thanks a million (ever for just trying)

Nams

Guest Ian Wong

Just remember that the email address that you used with EZBoard has to be valid (private messaging just sends an email to your email address), and that the sender should include his/her email address in the body of the email, because EZBoard doesn't automatically include the sender's email address in the header.

EZBoard is apparently switching to another private messaging system in a week or two...

Ian

UBC, Med 4

Guest nina niloofar

I can't find anyone to billet with either.

The 1st and 2nd year students have an exam the day of my interview, match 7th.

I need a place for march 6th...

Help!!

nina

Hi Nina:

I am really sorry. The third years are having their exam on the same day!! Hopefully you will find something. I think I saw and e-mail with your name sent out to all of our classmates (one of them has got to be calm the day before the exam). Also it would be nice as that night we have our block party which tend to be a lot of fun. You can see as all less stress than we woud be otehr wise.

Guest UOMeds05

the train station for sure. It is right on the OCTranspo line (bus route) so you would easily get there by bus. Or you could take a taxi, not more than 5 minutes away.

If you want to take the bus, take the 95 westbound... one stop away, Hurdman Station, get off and transfer to Bus #85 St. Laurent... it goes right to the front door of Roger Guidon.

Guest UOMeds06

You'll have to forgive my second year counter part...UOMeds05 meant, Roger GUINDON! tsk tsk....the first years aren't that careless! HAHA! (I'm still working on your identity BTW UOMeds05). Have you decided on your rotations next year?

Guest UOMeds05

Small oversight... thanks for the correction UOMeds06! Guess my head is caught up in all the studies!!:\ Haven't fully decided on which rotation for clerkship yet... so many decisions and so many people... it is hard to try and get in a group with your friends.

How go the plans for the super block party? This is the biggest of all year!!! First, second and third years write on the same day... plus the forth years are mostly all around. Can't wait!

Guest UOMeds06

Looks promising. KS has taken care of most of it 'cause there's someone in your class who works at the place we're going. We're just hoping for cheap drinks! Man, it's going to be a rough morning on Saturday cause after we party that hard, I gotta get my butt to Montreal by 8am because some of us are going to NYC from there!

Some body better take responsibility on talking to Paul Shim...don't think he's missed a block party yet! Not bad for a surgical resident huh?

Best of luck with special senses and good luck in chosing your group! From what I hear, even if you match the same rotations as your friends, there's no guarantee that you'll all get your first choice! Man, I HATE lotteries!

Archived