Premed 101 Forums

Ideas for a 2nd UG degree @ UBC

Hello everyone,

I need some advice again.

With my stats - previously listed I need to get a second UG degree to become academically competitive!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a second degree at UBC. I have graduated with a bachelor of Human Kinetics.

Any ideas or recommendations?

I originally thought nursing - but I am unsure if I should take this on if it's not something that I truly want to do.

I have heard there are many more degrees out there that you are able to get a higher GPA.

Suggestions for UBC :)

Thanks

Kind of difficult to give you recommendations if you don't give us an idea of your interest, aside from what was stated.

I usually would recommend doing a degree that will be of use down the road or at minimum something youll enjoy. No point in pursuing a degree simply because its easy or because you want to get into med. Remember, Med School isnt a sure thing.

Personally, I'd recommend you do a bachelors in commerce because there is a demand for administrative physicians nowaday.

If you do nursing, I can pretty much guarantee you that someone within the adcom will ask you, "why dont you pursue nursing? why does it have to be medicine?" and thats going to be a tough question to answers.

But if you really want easy, then do Physical Education.A friend of mines in that program always raving about how they only play sports and workout. Plus you can get a job part time as a fitness trainer at a gym after your first year, earning easy money for easy work.

Archived