Premed 101 Forums

WGPA

Guest robyn

Guest robyn

does an in province (but not in Ottawa) applicant have a chance with a WGPA of 3.77 (applying after 3 years)? is it worth applying, or will that not meet the cuttoff?

(year 1,2,3: 3.86, 3.76, 3.75)

Guest JSS02

Even if you don't reach the cutoff you'd be REALLY close... maybe you should e-mail the admissions office and find out what the cutoffs have been in the past few years for Ontarians living outside of Ottawa. I think it should be in the 3.8-3.83 range. If they're around 3.8 (or less) then I think it's worth a shot.

Guest UofCMeds2005

A combination of the WGPA and detailed autobio sketch (ie. Ottawa sketch) is used to determine if you get an interview. So, if you are a little low in the WGPA department then a strong autobio can give you the extra push you need for an interview. I believe that WGPA for people you are not from Ottawa tend to be in the 3.8+ range, but again they also leave some leway for excellent canidates with strong autobios. But, for the best info call the admin office...

Guest diencephalon

Hi JSS02 and U of C,

I was under the impression that if you did not meet the cutoffs, regardless of whether you had a good autobio or not, you would be denied an interview?

Cheers,

Diencephalon

Guest JSS02

I thought the way it worked was that you HAD to meet a certain cutoff before they would even read your autobio sketch. Maybe they'll look at a few that are a little below?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

When I spoke with someone at the Admissions Office a couple of weeks ago, she described exactly the scenario that JSS02 mentioned above. It may be worth it to give them a shout to clarify.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived