Premed 101 Forums

CV Format

icedcapp05

How many items are you guys putting down for the CV? Because they call it a 'CV' I'm wondering if I should only be putting a few of my best items, as you would on a resume. On the other hand, should I keep the number of items consistent with other schools, i.e., 20-30 (in keeping with Alberta, Calgary...)?

I'd appreciate anyone's feedback! :)

How are you guys organizing this? Are you guys just randomly adding things, or are keeping the dates and sections consistent?

I'm trying to get a nice layout, but it's so hard cause you can't easily add items in different spots...

Hey dreamer,

I'd add in any ol' way as I figure it will be a spreadsheet which they will sort as they want it.

I'm wondering that. Who's putting HS stuff? I would probably put maybe 1 or 2 from HS if they were really significant. Just like for OMSAS, perhaps if you played a sport or an instrument for many years...

Here's a tip for CV. I added "extra Spacers", so that I could keep each section organized, and then if I have to add in another entry in that section, I can just use the spacer.

Then, I'll delete the spacers when I'm satisfied with the CV...

Archived