Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites!!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And so it begins... Much like Ubc med school... Apparently westjet believes that travel times are mere suggestions...

Patiently waiting to board...

LOL. I also have had experiences with both westjet and UBC. I tried to go to Las Vegas and it was snowing in the desert and westjet could not land and instead got rerouted to Los Angeles and then back to Vancouver. Then the real mess happened...

Good luck with your application!

With a partial file review is it possible to get an interview?? or is it just a mechanism to see what your NAQ score would be?

because so far there have only been dsq, partial file review regrets right?

no full review regrets yet?

I believe that partial file reviews do not result in an interview but they give you information on why you did not receive an interview this year.

For the full file review regrets, I do not believe any were posted on this forum so far.

It seems as if they have moved from DQ's to partial reviews and next is regrets? all for OOP so far as we know.

If this is the case it may be a case of:

Day 1: OOP DQs

Day 2: OOP partial file review regrets

Day 3: OOP full file review regrets

Day 4: OOP interview invites

Rinse and repeat for IP for a total of 8 days.

Although I'd say OOP full file review regrets and interview invites will go out on the same day.

Bah, who knows. In the grand scheme of things waiting another week is no biggie if you are fortunate to get an interview. Will be sad to be rejected after being antsy for a week but that's life.

If this is the case it may be a case of:

Day 1: OOP DQs

Day 2: OOP partial file review regrets

Day 3: OOP full file review regrets

Day 4: OOP interview invites

Rinse and repeat for IP for a total of 8 days.

Although I'd say OOP full file review regrets and interview invites will go out on the same day.

Bah, who knows. In the grand scheme of things waiting another week is no biggie if you are fortunate to get an interview. Will be sad to be rejected after being antsy for a week but that's life.

Great plan however I know of two IP individuals who have been DQ'd on the first day.

Apart from that, it has been OOP focused so far.

is this how they've done it in the past? like, different categories on different days? i was under the impression that last year all the regrets/invites came out on the same 1-2 days, regardless of IP or OOP?

Yep, last year (and previous years) all invites/regrets were sent out in a short time period and not spread out over a week.

Yep, last year (and previous years) all invites/regrets were sent out in a short time period and not spread out over a week.

I wonder when it is all settled by next week if we will ever understand why the change from previous years of notifying all applicants in one day, we now go through an 8 day window.

Also, what is up with Queen's going rolling when all they have to do is consider MCAT and GPA numbers?

Don't understand this.

On another topic:

It's funny I actually wasted time going through UBC interview invite threads from 5/6 years ago and someone suggested that the AQ needs to be pushed up to max out at 90% to better differentiate students. Quite remarkable that it has happened.

Great plan however I know of two IP individuals who have been DQ'd on the first day.

Apart from that, it has been OOP focused so far.

+1 today at school I heard of a few ip getting rejected-not 100 sure whether it was dq or regrets partial file review-I didn't want to inquire too much because they were obviously upset! :(

Archived