Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites!!

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure how NAQ is marked or standardized man, it's got to be subjective.

For comparison, I got 13.89 on NAQ and had:

40 hours at volunteer homework club

50 hours as event coordinator for club on campus

30 hours volunteering at long-term care center

10 hours at another homework club

15 hours at Heart and Stroke Foundation

7 hours at campus clinic events volunteer

191 hours at emergency department

140 hours as undergrad research volunteer

150 hours recreational

16 hours CPR/First Aid

So disappointed right now. Guess it is time for a masters and then reapply when finished?

I guess they don't look highly upon YorkU students, my 4 year 3.96 OMSAS GPA only corresponded to an AQ of 20.24, NAQ 13.89. I don't feel so bad since I just got an American acceptance.

That's weird.

Could they maybe have different conversion factors for each school?

I go to mcgill with an OMSAS GPA of 3.90 and got 21.38 :S

I am so sorry for those who received regrets...I have felt that sting many times!

Kyla: make sute that they really did apply the 10-year rule, I requested it one year, but it wasnt applied, so I ask them to check and they did indeed see my request and granted an invite.

for those who can see their score, could you post ubc converted % and corresponding AQ score, that way we could get a better idea on scoring

good luck for those still in limbo

So I guess the hope is that I don't get a notification popping up saying I have a new email from UBC?

Sorry to hear from those who didn't receive an interview - I hope other applications work out for you and that you can keep the resolve to try again next year.

For those who might know - was your status on UBC OAS updated before you received your email? And has anybody gotten a freakin' invite yet?

So I guess the hope is that I don't get a notification popping up saying I have a new email from UBC?

Sorry to hear from those who didn't receive an interview - I hope other applications work out for you and that you can keep the resolve to try again next year.

For those who might know - was your status on UBC OAS updated before you received your email? And has anybody gotten a freakin' invite yet?

Nothing for me yet :( I hope they're not sending the regrets in little tiny evil batches.

Damn...I have pretty much the same AQ as you :( Now I'm really worried.

I do too. Plus I haven't managed to break 18 with my NAQ. If I do get an interview I will probably be at the bottom of the pile. I guess no news is good news if we didn't get an email yet, still terrified though.

Regrets as well.

They should have instituted a higher cut-off for the GPA for OOP. I mean if you had an 80 then your AQ would have been below 11 and even if you had a perfect NAQ you still wouldn't have gotten an interview.

At least the suspense is over.

- Lupe :cool: On to the next one, on to the next...

Archived