Premed 101 Forums

no chance?!

ozzie89

the 1300 include IP, no?

i think more IP applied this yr because of the optional MCAT component. At least that was the intention of removing the MCAT right? To give francophones more opportunity...

Maybe it include some IP,but definitely not the majority of them. If this number is generated from applicants who completed the MedOs portion, then it's definitely mostly OOP(which would also include US applicants). Not surprised by this, anytime you remove the MCAT you are expected to get a spike of applicants.

Given how the interview notification usually comes out in late December, I guess this means they'll have an aggressive screening protocol to narrow down the applicants. You can't expect them to score over 1300 essays+ CVs in less than 2 months. I'm guessing we'll see another slew of 4.0s in the interview batch.

Maybe it include some IP,but definitely not the majority of them. If this number is generated from applicants who completed the MedOs portion, then it's definitely mostly OOP(which would also include US applicants). Not surprised by this, anytime you remove the MCAT you are expected to get a spike of applicants.

Given how the interview notification usually comes out in late December, I guess this means they'll have an aggressive screening protocol to narrow down the applicants. You can't expect them to score over 1300 essays+ CVs in less than 2 months. I'm guessing we'll see another slew of 4.0s in the interview batch.

you know they don't actually read essays or CV entries until your application proceeds to the second round (read: interviews).

"For the preliminary screening of candidates (shortlisting for interviews), non-academic qualities are assessed by way of the personal narrative abstract, the c.v. highlights and references.

For candidates selected for interviews, non-academic qualities are assessed by way of the personal narrative (full text), c.v. (full text) and performance in the interviews."

- http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/non-academics

Yea that's what I thought, I meant the shortened versions of them (i.e. abstract and highlight). By aggressive I just mean a drastic reduction in the numbers of applicants reaching "second round".

yeah for sure.... I am like 99% sure I'm not getting in, but REALLY hope to at least get an interview.

Archived