Premed 101 Forums

Interview dates

OK, So if one does not get an interview invite do they send out rejections by the end of Jan or do the rejected ones (who did not make it to the interview) find out later ...like may?

really, if one does not get an interview invite by mid-feb early march one can assume he/she did not get in...............or would mcmaster send out the rejections letters in jan/feb/mar?

thanks

OK, So if one does not get an interview invite do they send out rejections by the end of Jan or do the rejected ones (who did not make it to the interview) find out later ...like may?

really, if one does not get an interview invite by mid-feb early march one can assume he/she did not get in...............or would mcmaster send out the rejections letters in jan/feb/mar?

thanks

they might be all sent at once?

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't send out invitations until the first week of February, like they said in the letter they sent out in the fall.

Although it would be nice if it was sooner - just to save a few heart beats every time I get a new e-mail.

letter sent in the fall? Was that the letter where they confirmed our geographic status?? I just don't remember reading any details on interview invites in the letter :confused:

Yep! It said in the letter that "invitations for interviews will be mailed out in early February"

Don't worry, you're in good company when it comes to the neurotically nervous. We're all especially anxious this year since Mac totally changed up their system of pre-interview scoring with the introduction of CASPer...if the issue wasn't so close to heart for me, I'd like to look at how their CASPer system changes their pre-interview pool of applicants...but for now I just want to be among them!

Don't worry, you're in good company when it comes to the neurotically nervous. We're all especially anxious this year since Mac totally changed up their system of pre-interview scoring with the introduction of CASPer...if the issue wasn't so close to heart for me, I'd like to look at how their CASPer system changes their pre-interview pool of applicants...but for now I just want to be among them!

Lol. I cannot tell you how many different ways I have calculated my chances based on CASPER. I was seriously never neurotic before I began reading these forums. For me CASPER may be a source of unrealistic hope, since I can almost guarantee that with last years formula I would not stand a chance (although I am borderline in that regard). My hope is that CASPER scores provide a much larger range than the ABS scores did (and that I did really well of course). Once I get over the interview rejection I too will be very interested to see how CASPER might have affected those invited for an interview (is there a correlation between VR and CASPER? GPA and CASPER? Age and CASPER? etc.).

Lol. I cannot tell you how many different ways I have calculated my chances based on CASPER. I was seriously never neurotic before I began reading these forums. For me CASPER may be a source of unrealistic hope, since I can almost guarantee that with last years formula I would not stand a chance (although I am borderline in that regard). My hope is that CASPER scores provide a much larger range than the ABS scores did (and that I did really well of course). Once I get over the interview rejection I too will be very interested to see how CASPER might have affected those invited for an interview (is there a correlation between VR and CASPER? GPA and CASPER? Age and CASPER? etc.).

I'm trying really hard to not calculate my chances based on CASPer. Last year I was waitlisted for an interview (ridiculous and cruel I know, they just wanted to keep me hanging on forever it seemed) - my stats were also borderline hence my borderline status for so long. But i'm hoping that CASPer might make that little bit of a difference for me and push me over the edge into the competitive field. Toast to CASPer!

I'm trying really hard to not calculate my chances based on CASPer. Last year I was waitlisted for an interview (ridiculous and cruel I know, they just wanted to keep me hanging on forever it seemed) - my stats were also borderline hence my borderline status for so long. But i'm hoping that CASPer might make that little bit of a difference for me and push me over the edge into the competitive field. Toast to CASPer!

When did you get that notification last year? The suspense of this wait is killing me!

I've never heard of a school waitlisting people for interviews. Why not just give them an invite.

Probably for the purpose of causing pain and suffering. Waitlisting was a form of torture in Ancient Rome.

Totally agree! It was BRUTAL when I got that email..and then letter in the mail. I took the high road and assumed it was a rejection...which it did end up being.

I'm assuming they waitlist people for interviews for the same reason people are waitlisted for acceptances - as people turn down interviews or are unable to attend, they hand an interview time slot to someone else.

Archived