Premed 101 Forums

Interviews Out!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday March 6th, 2011 @ 2:00 pm in Sudbury.

Grew up in North Bay (northern ontario) and NOSOM is my first choice for med schools, so very excited. I heard the intreviews for NOSOM are fun, so can't wait.

Unfortunetly I didn't meet the MCAT requirement for my second choice school, UWO. I also go to UWO for my undergrad so I guess today has been bittersweet.

Sunday March 6th, 2011 @ 2:00 pm in Sudbury.

Grew up in North Bay (northern ontario) and NOSOM is my first choice for med schools, so very excited. I heard the intreviews for NOSOM are fun, so can't wait.

Unfortunetly I didn't meet the MCAT requirement for my second choice school, UWO. I also go to UWO for my undergrad so I guess today has been bittersweet.

I also interview at that time - see you there!

I have an interview March 27th :)

I'm from outside Toronto, not rural or northern, so I was very excited and surprised :)

(So just in case there's any keen second or third years out there reading this, it is possible to at least get to this point...)

For the record I would absolutely love to go to Northern :)

I have an interview on March 27th at 10:30, in Thunder Bay. I'm looking forward to it again, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for better results this year.

Anyone else in/near Sault Ste. Marie with an interview?

Best of luck to everyone, and to anyone who didn't receive an invitation this year, keep trying!

Rejected. I grew up in small town north of Northern Ontario and speak French.

Good luck to those who got an interview. I've spoken to many people in small communities when I lived there and they really appreciate the commitment that physicians give to them by going back/moving there.

You guys think they frown on "immature students"? I keep on thinking the reason they want a full 4 year degree is cause they don't like young people. They also see to focous less on GPA than most schools.

From what I've seen so far, many of you have applied before or have years of experience... curious if NOSOM would let a 21 year old in...

You guys think they frown on "immature students"? I keep on thinking the reason they want a full 4 year degree is cause they don't like young people. They also see to focous less on GPA than most schools.

From what I've seen so far, many of you have applied before or have years of experience... curious if NOSOM would let a 21 year old in...

I'm currently in 1st year at NOSM and I can say from my class and the ones above that there is a big range in ages of students. I was 21 when I started and there were a couple people who are a year yonger. There are a lot of people in the "mature" age range, but no I haven't seen that NOSM looks down on younger learners.

PS good luck to all with interviews!! Looking forward to maybe meeting you in the fall :)

Rejected.

Second year in a row, though interviewed the year prior with my first (and hastily prepared) attempt.

Really scratching my head over this year as my application reads much, much stronger than my initial year that landed me an interview.

Not rural all my life, but born in Elliot Lake and lived there until age 9. Moved to smallish town (pop: 5000) until age 16, then lived an hour from Toronto in a larger town (pop: 25k) until age 26. Moved to Sudbury August of '09. Never lost contact with the North as all of my extended family lives around here.

Was a kick in the stomach as I had very high hopes for this year, but am looking at the bright side: nearly a whole year to better myself and my application. :)

Congrats to those of you who are interviewing! It really is a lot of fun and those 100 minutes go by in a flash.

Rejected.

Second year in a row, though interviewed the year prior with my first (and hastily prepared) attempt.

Really scratching my head over this year as my application reads much, much stronger than my initial year that landed me an interview.

Not rural all my life, but born in Elliot Lake and lived there until age 9. Moved to smallish town (pop: 5000) until age 16, then lived an hour from Toronto in a larger town (pop: 25k) until age 26. Moved to Sudbury August of '09. Never lost contact with the North as all of my extended family lives around here.

Was a kick in the stomach as I had very high hopes for this year, but am looking at the bright side: nearly a whole year to better myself and my application. :)

Congrats to those of you who are interviewing! It really is a lot of fun and those 100 minutes go by in a flash.

Hi headshok2002,

That's too bad :( I thought you were taking the year off applying this year to complete your Masters. How is your Masters degree coming along?

Archived