Premed 101 Forums

Interviews Out!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
congratulatons everyone, I am a little curious, are all of you residents from northern rural communities? I was just wondering if anyone from southern ontario in the gta has received an interview invite this year

Kitchener, On.

Sunday March 6th, Sudbury.

I'm so excited!

congratulatons everyone, I am a little curious, are all of you residents from northern rural communities? I was just wondering if anyone from southern ontario in the gta has received an interview invite this year

I grew up in Kenora, Ontario (lived there for 12+ years), quite remote and small as far as they go. I came to southern Ontario (Kingston & Toronto) for school and haven't gone back. So I suppose as far as they are concerned I'm from the north but don't live there anymore. I don't know how that affects my application though.

Rejected and from rural Alberta, but my OMSAS GPA was just barely 3.0 so that's probably why. I would have been shocked if I had gotten an interview. If I don't get in elsewhere this year, I'm going to take more undergrad classes and reapply, because I think NOSM is awesome.

NOSM won't add extra courses to your GPA if you already have a degree. They will erase your old GPA, however, if you begin a new degree--the new GPA will kick in after you have completed at least 1 full year of studies and are nearing the end of the new degree. (So if you only need two years worth of classes to get a second degree, after the first year, your new GPA will be the one they look at for the application--and any transferred credits that are necessary for the new GPA are NOT calculated in the new GPA even if they are from the previous degree). Pretty sweet deal.

Wow, I can't believe I got an interview! Saturday Mar 26 at 1030 hrs in TB.

I'm in the mitary currently stationed in Shilo, MB. I'm actually from Brandon, MB originally. I think my OMSAS GPA was 3.3 as they cut out my college courses.

Good luck you guys!!!

NOSM won't add extra courses to your GPA if you already have a degree. They will erase your old GPA, however, if you begin a new degree--the new GPA will kick in after you have completed at least 1 full year of studies and are nearing the end of the new degree. (So if you only need two years worth of classes to get a second degree, after the first year, your new GPA will be the one they look at for the application--and any transferred credits that are necessary for the new GPA are NOT calculated in the new GPA even if they are from the previous degree). Pretty sweet deal.

Oh, yeah, that's right! I'm getting NOSM confused with McMaster. My backup plan is to start a second degree at Athabasca and just take courses non-stop.

Wow, I can't believe I got an interview! Saturday Mar 26 at 1030 hrs in TB.

I'm in the mitary currently stationed in Shilo, MB. I'm actually from Brandon, MB originally. I think my OMSAS GPA was 3.3 as they cut out my college courses.

Good luck you guys!!!

Congratulations, Hoote! I'm glad you got an interview!

First MD rejection down, hopefully no more than one less the number of schools I applied to to go! lol

Kinda feels not so good right now.

Congrats everyone, and good luck!

(ps - not from the north, so should have expected it. Although I did spend over two years living in the north after HS)

A quick question, do they have an orientation the day before the interview? For example, do the TB interviewees need to be there say the 25th for an orientation before the interviews on the 26th and 27th?

Nope all the activities are the day of your interview. The info will be in your package.

Archived