Premed 101 Forums

Waiting...

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. Accepted to McGill I presume?

edit: nvm, stalked you, MD/PhD! Congrats.

So as of now we have 3 spots moved on the OOP wait list, as far as we know. Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come in May :cool: Though, I don't know why you care HBP - you had like 14 interviews or something

so we can safely assume that Dal probably filled the two spots and the people that got them don't post them...

boooo

We don't know this, don't assume :)

It could be that Dal is just waiting to start filling the seats... we don't know that they've even started this. Be positive, people! :)

We don't know this, don't assume :)

It could be that Dal is just waiting to start filling the seats... we don't know that they've even started this. Be positive, people! :)

Just lurking the dal thread here because it's pretty exciting to see potential acceptance posts when you have to wait another month for the other schools... but couldn't somebody call Dal and ask them if they have had any movement on the OOP waitlist?

Just lurking the dal thread here because it's pretty exciting to see potential acceptance posts when you have to wait another month for the other schools... but couldn't somebody call Dal and ask them if they have had any movement on the OOP waitlist?

Good idea hking! I nominate you to represent us, even though you're not a current Dalhousie applicant (as I understand it) :)

Good idea hking! I nominate you to represent us, even though you're not a current Dalhousie applicant (as I understand it) :)

I actually thought about calling them... but that would require me getting the correct phone number from the internetz...

Tell you what, you post the number on the forum and I'll do my best to call them and ask if they have any word on it. I have a feeling they won't tell me anything, but I'll at least ask and see what they say.

(902) 494-1874

No Answer... I'll call back in a little bit.

The suspense is killing me... I can only imagine how it feels for you guys.

Well, I actually know what it's like because for all intents and purposes those waiting for responses are "waitlisted" as well. It's not fun.

EDIT: 1230pm- Just tried again... straight to voicemail. I'll try again in 30 minutes or so.

Have you guys thought about the possibility that they over-accepted back in March? e.g. accepted more than 9 OOP? That would be a smart move for them since it's rare for all 9 OOP to accept.

I think 9 is too small a number to play that game with. With a big class like U of T, and 150-some students (I have no idea what their class size is, I just know it's big), it makes sense, but I doubt Dal would do it for their non-maritime pool.

Have you guys thought about the possibility that they over-accepted back in March? e.g. accepted more than 9 OOP? That would be a smart move for them since it's rare for all 9 OOP to accept.

Risky risky business. I would be shocked to see them do this AND wait list everyone else... If you were going to wait list everyone not initially accepted with no disclosure of position on the list anyway, what would be the benefit of over-accepting? Less phone calls maybe..

Anything seems possible with Dal! :P

Risky risky business. I would be shocked to see them do this AND wait list everyone else... If you were going to wait list everyone not initially accepted with no disclosure of position on the list anyway, what would be the benefit of over-accepting? Less phone calls maybe..

Anything seems possible with Dal! :P

I'm on a horse!

Gotta love old spice commercials.

I think 9 is too small a number to play that game with. With a big class like U of T, and 150-some students (I have no idea what their class size is, I just know it's big), it makes sense, but I doubt Dal would do it for their non-maritime pool.
UofT is 259ish

As for overaccepting at Dal, I agree that since 9 is a small number, it would be risky to overaccept.

I know I've already said this before, but hopefully some of you still get good news from Dal. *fingers crossed*

UofT is 259ish

As for overaccepting at Dal, I agree that since 9 is a small number, it would be risky to overaccept.

I know I've already said this before, but hopefully some of you still get good news from Dal. *fingers crossed*

Might have to wait till May for it...

No Answer... I'll call back in a little bit.

The suspense is killing me... I can only imagine how it feels for you guys.

Well, I actually know what it's like because for all intents and purposes those waiting for responses are "waitlisted" as well. It's not fun.

EDIT: 1230pm- Just tried again... straight to voicemail. I'll try again in 30 minutes or so.

Well, I spoke to admissions just now...

The woman said that an update could happen at anytime. But, after a little probing she did tell me that April 1st was the deadline to accept or refuse the offer and that next week they will have the information on who paid deposits (they have to get this from student accounts) and from that information they would then contact via email those on the waitlist should a spot come up.

So, it looks like next week is when you might hear some good news.

Ah bureaucracy... slow and steady wins the race.

Well, I spoke to admissions just now...

The woman said that an update could happen at anytime. But, after a little probing she did tell me that April 1st was the deadline to accept or refuse the offer and that next week they will have the information on who paid deposits (they have to get this from student accounts) and from that information they would then contact via email those on the waitlist should a spot come up.

So, it looks like next week is when you might hear some good news.

Ah bureaucracy... slow and steady wins the race.

You, my friend, are a rock star

Archived