Premed 101 Forums

How hard is it to change interview date?

I was given a Thursday interview (March 31st), and would like to change it to a weekend early in March. In the invitation email it said they will only grant permission for a change under very special circumstances (but does anyone have experience trying to change the date)?

How qualifies as very special circumstances or exceptional circumstances. What if one of your course grades depends on it?

I was given a Thursday interview (March 31st), and would like to change it to a weekend early in March. In the invitation email it said they will only grant permission for a change under very special circumstances (but does anyone have experience trying to change the date)?

How qualifies as very special circumstances or exceptional circumstances. What if one of your course grades depends on it?

I just called the office about that. I have two medical school interviews scheduled for March 5th : one in Ottawa and one in Sudbury. That is a special circumstance I hope because it is physically impossible! Still waiting on news back ...

I just called the office about that. I have two medical school interviews scheduled for March 5th : one in Ottawa and one in Sudbury. That is a special circumstance I hope because it is physically impossible! Still waiting on news back ...

please update when you know because I have a similar situation (although not as bad), and am wondering if I should try to have it moved

I also need to have a date change...I have an interview at UBC at 2:45 on Sunday the 27th and one in Ottawa at 9 am on Monday the 28th...which is also pretty much physically impossible given I would have to fly across the country within a very limited time.

Did you leave a message? I called but I couldn't get through.

Chantal Renaud just called. She said there was no problem with rescheduling my interview but I will need to wait for everyone to respond to their offers before they email me back with the new interview date and time. She said to expect an email from them about it mid-February.

I also need to have a date change...I have an interview at UBC at 2:45 on Sunday the 27th and one in Ottawa at 9 am on Monday the 28th...which is also pretty much physically impossible given I would have to fly across the country within a very limited time.

Did you leave a message? I called but I couldn't get through.

She said that it is important to let them know through the admissmd@uottawa.ca email that there is a conflict.

Wow my first post had a horrible sentence with incorrect grammar and a typo. But here is another question: I am wondering if anyone has changed the interview date for something other than a conflict with another school? What if you have final presentations for class back to back in that week and traveling to Ottawa (4 hours there and 4 hours back) would take away two days in your week?

I wonder if we are allowed to exchange interview dates? I have my interview on March 9 which I would like to switch to late March...

To be honest, I think a medical school interview should take priority over your schooling at this point. I personally wouldn't reschedule an interview for something that has to do with school.

I agree that the medical school interview should take precedence. However, we have to make sure that our gpa stands in case we need to apply with it again right?

Wow my first post had a horrible sentence with incorrect grammar and a typo. But here is another question: I am wondering if anyone has changed the interview date for something other than a conflict with another school? What if you have final presentations for class back to back in that week and traveling to Ottawa (4 hours there and 4 hours back) would take away two days in your week?

I highly doubt that they will make exceptions for something like a school presentation, otherwise a flood of students would be requesting for date changes due to midterms and other school related commitments. And it probably doesn't look good that you're placing more priority on a presentation over an interview that they kindly invited you to. I would just request for a different presentation date.

Hi! I emailed Ottawa on Tuesday regarding a conflict but I haven't heard anything back yet. I've also tried calling the office a few times but it just goes into voicemail. I was wondering if anyone else is waiting for a reply. I'm worried that I won't hear from them before Monday-aka the RSVP deadline. Any suggestions?

Hi! I emailed Ottawa on Tuesday regarding a conflict but I haven't heard anything back yet. I've also tried calling the office a few times but it just goes into voicemail. I was wondering if anyone else is waiting for a reply. I'm worried that I won't hear from them before Monday-aka the RSVP deadline. Any suggestions?

They are waiting for everyone to respond to rearrange the schedule and send new interview dates. You did the right thing by letting them know through email. They will get back to you next week.

Archived