Premed 101 Forums

Countdown To August 2003!!

Guest Lorae

Guest Lorae

Hey there! Thought I'd start a thread for all of us hitting the books for August 16! Share your stories, your fears, your hopes, vent if needed!!!!

I'm getting pretty nervous and haven't studied as much as I intended to by this point. Working really puts a dent into my extra time for reading. I'm taking the Princeton Review course though so it is helping keep me on track.

My first diagnostic was VR 7, PS 5, B 11. Overall it was better then expected. I am writing the MCAT without *ever* taking a physics course in my life :eek I know it's a gamble, but so far I'm finding it ok....

Good luck to all and I look forward to chatting over the next month+

Getting a bit nervous.:(

I am working full-time and not finding enough time to study. I study mostly on weekends but I feel that it's not enough. I haven't done many practice questions because I feel like I should study the material first.

After I cover the material and finish memorizing, I

will tackle the questions.

Guest Lorae

Hmmm... it seems there aren't many visiting this site who are planning to write this august?? Maybe they're all studying so much they don't have time for the internet :b

I agree that working is very hard to juggle against studying. We can do it!!

I'm off to write Princeton review's 2nd practice exam....wish me luck in turning that PS 5 into something more respectable!

cheers

Guest minnieMD

Hey!

I am taking my Mcat in Aug. I'm trying to study the concepts first and then tackle the practice tests later. I hope it's a good strategy. But people say it's better to do the questions as you study...

AHhhh!

Guest UTMed07
I'm trying to study the concepts first and then tackle the practice tests later. I hope it's a good strategy. But people say it's better to do the questions as you study...
I think knowing the concepts is key. :) That said, I think it is good idea to do a test somewhere close to the beginning of your studying (to know where you're at) and one every once in a while during your studying (so you know how you're progressing and you build the endurance for the test day).

Archived