Premed 101 Forums

Calgary Post-Interview fun

Oly

Hey,

For everyone heading to U of C for an interview this year, congrats!

I'm pondering heading to Banff on Monday to snowboard, but I'm flying to Calgary all alone and have no one to go with. Anyone interested?

Radical idea. Hopefully you find a buddy to tag along. I'd be totally down but I never applied to U of C.

Enjoy Banff if you go.

I'm cool with going on Friday or Saturday if there is interest on those days? I haven't booked my flight yet so I'm flexible

I'm in for Saturday! I don't mind renting a car if there a few people who want to go.

Newfie, I think you should commit to the party and just see who shows up - think of it as a social experiment. As long as you don't promise free beer or lots of hot girls you should be safe. ;)

larva, so when do you fly in?

It would be good to go early-ish in the morning on Saturday, come back in the early evening to get a good nights sleep before the interview.

I saw a rental promo which is $32 (after tax etc) for a whole 2 days, thats a great price, even if we split 1/2 thats only $16 where as the bus fare is in the 100 range per ticket. btw, are you 25+? Because I'm not, so I can't rent a car in my name.

I was thinking about having a party at my house that Saturday night. How can I advertise this without 600 premeds showing up?
I don't think tons of people would show up. The med students are hosting a gathering at Moose's on Saturday night as well. I'm thinking that more people would show up to that than your place. '

Or you could just have it by invite only and send people a pm of the details.

I don't think tons of people would show up. The med students are hosting a gathering at Moose's on Saturday night as well. I'm thinking that more people would show up to that than your place. '

Or you could just have it by invite only and send people a pm of the details.

Or just go to Moose's and chill out after the interview!

I'm free for skiing/snowboarding in Banff or Lake Louise on the Monday after my interview! I probably wouldn't want to go on the Saturday before... Goggle tan just wouldn't look right with my suit! :D [EDIT] I'm also free on Friday!

I'm also happy to meet up with out-of-towners - depending on when flights come in, I might even be able to help with trips from or to the airport.

Drinks on Sunday after the interview would be fun, and I'm planning on dropping in on the mixer at Moose's for a few hours on Saturday night.

Any other exciting meet-up ideas?

I'm game for hitting the slopes or the party. I'm in Calgary by Thursday morning (9:30 landing) and my interview isn't until Saturday afternoon... I'm pretty psyched about meeting new people, seeing a new city, it's going to be a good reading week for sure :D

I'm staying at a med student's billet, apparently it's 2 minutes walk from the interview spot so I'll definitely end up at the moose

PS: I've been boarding once so I might have to stick to skis (a broken ulna or radius might not be so good for the written MMI haha)

EDIT: My flight's Sunday at 6:00 PM so I'm not sure Sunday is possible for me unless the hill's like half an hour from the airport

I land at 9am on Friday. I have a feeling I will probably be a little tired from the travels to ski the same day. I should probably stick to just the Saturday with Larva. Now what to do all day Friday?

I fly in early too (Thursday morning). Random wandering/touristy things? :D

Archived