Premed 101 Forums

Would you EVER discipline your teenager ?

Benedeanka

I know this is going to sound 'woerd' or even 'suspicious' but I have tried almost everything else. My middle daughter (15) have started dating, and I have no problem with that as long as they meet in the Mall or burgerbar(or in our house when we are at home), but he is almost 18 years old. He is a nice boy, but I am so worried that 'something' could happen, so I have said that she can't meet him anymore. Now, she is not your typical rebel, and she is doing well at school, but I do NOT want to get a phonecall from the school nurse telling me she is pregnant. We have had open discussions about almost everything, and she is a very intelligent teenager, but she refuse to exept that she can't see him

Sorry. The boy is like a dog in heat and he will do anything to be with her, whether he does the evil deed or not, and he wants to badly. She is immature and vulnerable and will follow his lead. Regardless of what you do, she will see him (and more at his instigation) unless you literally lock her up. They text, skype, email, have internet chats and sneak around. If you were to have a chat with this nice boy and ask him to stay away form her for awhile, he would say 'yes' and deceive you. Unfortunately, teens, especially a 15 yr old girl who may feel she is in love with an 'older boy' (aka, a 'man'!) who is otherwise sweet, loving and mature, will do things behind your back because she knows that she is right, you are as domineering mother who is wrong, and usually, she will be encouraged in deceptive behaviour by the 'nice boy' who has his own incentive and agenda.

As for disciplining your daugther, what discipline? Physcal, forget it. Take her cell, restrict her internet access and movements (b/c her girlfriends will become her conduit), take her to school and pick her up can work at the cost of hating you for a couple of years or more.

I know a girl and family who went thru this. 15 year old lovely, highly intelligent girl and an 18 year old boy. The parents broke up, they thought, the relationship. She came home one night and went directly to the shower. That is when the parents knew she lost her virginity. He too lost his virginity and introduced himself and her to 'rough' sex. She had lied to her father that night to go out. She would be going to a girlfreind's home for a visit and had no money. Her girlfriend supplied her with money and the boy picked her up at the friend's house. The boy absolutely controls her.....years later. Not good.

Your daughter needs to 'respect you' and believe that you know more than she does and genuinely want to please you more than him. Otherwise, you are fighting a losing battle. I wish I had something more positve to say. You have to win her mind!

Aren't you like, not even a parent yet?

hahaha, perfect response.

I know this is going to sound 'woerd' or even 'suspicious' but I have tried almost everything else. My middle daughter (15) have started dating, and I have no problem with that as long as they meet in the Mall or burgerbar(or in our house when we are at home), but he is almost 18 years old. He is a nice boy, but I am so worried that 'something' could happen, so I have said that she can't meet him anymore. Now, she is not your typical rebel, and she is doing well at school, but I do NOT want to get a phonecall from the school nurse telling me she is pregnant. We have had open discussions about almost everything, and she is a very intelligent teenager, but she refuse to exept that she can't see him

Why are you posting this on a pre-med forum? I'm 'suspicious' about you being a troll.

If you aren't, then here's some simple advice. If teenager's hormones want them to have sex, they will go through every obstacle they need to, to do it. So the most important thing is you educate her on the negatives of getting pregnant and the importance of safe sex.

After that, do what you need to, to convince her not to waste her time doing acts like that at such an age.

Why are you posting this on a pre-med forum? I'm 'suspicious' about you being a troll.

If you aren't, then here's some simple advice. If teenager's hormones want them to have sex, they will go through every obstacle they need to, to do it. So the most important thing is you educate her on the negatives of getting pregnant and the importance of safe sex.

After that, do what you need to, to convince her not to waste her time doing acts like that at such an age.

great response juice...

parenting advice on a premed forum... whodda thunk it.

Sorry. The boy is like a dog in heat and he will do anything to be with her' date=' whether he does the evil deed or not, and he wants to badly. She is immature and vulnerable and will follow his lead. Regardless of what you do, she will see him (and more at his instigation) unless you literally lock her up. They text, skype, email, have internet chats and sneak around. If you were to have a chat with this nice boy and ask him to stay away form her for awhile, he would say 'yes' and deceive you. Unfortunately, teens, especially a 15 yr old girl who may feel she is in love with an 'older boy' (aka, a 'man'!) who is otherwise sweet, loving and mature, will do things behind your back because she knows that she is right, you are as domineering mother who is wrong, and usually, she will be encouraged in deceptive behaviour by the 'nice boy' who has his own incentive and agenda.

As for disciplining your daugther, what discipline? Physcal, forget it. Take her cell, restrict her internet access and movements (b/c her girlfriends will become her conduit), take her to school and pick her up can work at the cost of hating you for a couple of years or more.

I know a girl and family who went thru this. 15 year old lovely, highly intelligent girl and an 18 year old boy. The parents broke up, they thought, the relationship. She came home one night and went directly to the shower. That is when the parents knew she lost her virginity. He too lost his virginity and introduced himself and her to 'rough' sex. She had lied to her father that night to go out. She would be going to a girlfreind's home for a visit and had no money. Her girlfriend supplied her with money and the boy picked her up at the friend's house. The boy absolutely controls her.....years later. Not good.

Your daughter needs to 'respect you' and believe that you know more than she does and genuinely want to please you more than him. Otherwise, you are fighting a losing battle. I wish I had something more positve to say. You have to win her mind![/quote']

1253032674208.jpg

We are in the Lounge (off-topic) section.

Those trolls who are currently applying to med school are in denial if they believe they have not already been identified by adcoms for their irresponsible trolling and inappropriate remarks, e.g., any trolling U/A applicant to McGill who has already posted his MCAT on this forum has shot himself seriously in the foot if he believes he enhanced his chances with McGill adcom by usch behaviour. Buy, hey to each their own. The motto of what goes around, comes around applies. Such troll has remarked in the past, "We're all anonymous here on these boards" and "I am not concerned with offending anyone". Well, he will learn the hard way.

Those trolls who are currently applying to med school are in denial if they believe they have not already been identified by adcoms for their irresponsible trolling and inappropriate remarks, e.g., any trolling U/A applicant to McGill who has already posted his MCAT on this forum has shot himself seriously in the foot if he believes he enhanced his chances with McGill adcom by usch behaviour. Buy, hey to each their own. The motto of what goes around, comes around applies. Such troll has remarked in the past, "We're all anonymous here on these boards" and "I am not concerned with offending anyone". Well, he will learn the hard way.

Who are you talking about?

1253032674208.jpg

HAHAHAHAHahhaahahahdisaldfans loolol.

this is the Best thread EVER now, haha.

We are in the Lounge (off-topic) section.

i think you're missing the point.

.......what?

Who are you talking about?

The troll knows and that is all that really matters (otherwise I would have given the quotes with the user name attached, as is the custom).

If any member applying to med school actually believes (especially a person who consistently acts like a reprehensible jerk over an extended period of itme) that adcoms do not look at this forum. such person is delusional.

The troll knows and that is all that really matters (otherwise I would have given the quotes with the user name attached, as is the custom).

If any member applying to med school actually believes (especially a person who consistently acts like a reprehensible jerk over an extended period of itme) that adcoms do not look at this forum. such person is delusional.

laughing-cat.jpg

How exactly do you expect the committees to be able to pair up internet usernames with actual applicants?

I am right, you are wrong, I wish you well. It takes less than 10 minutes to coordinate someone who makes inappropriate comments that show lack of character with his university, MCAT abd where he is applying. If you know anybody in an adcom office, ask if this is ever done and you will learn something. Believe what you will. I know what I know, fact not fiction.

Archived