Premed 101 Forums

Would you EVER discipline your teenager ?

Benedeanka

Sorry. The boy is like a dog in heat and he will do anything to be with her, whether he does the evil deed or not, and he wants to badly. She is immature and vulnerable and will follow his lead. Regardless of what you do, she will see him (and more at his instigation) unless you literally lock her up. They text, skype, email, have internet chats and sneak around. If you were to have a chat with this nice boy and ask him to stay away form her for awhile, he would say 'yes' and deceive you. Unfortunately, teens, especially a 15 yr old girl who may feel she is in love with an 'older boy' (aka, a 'man'!) who is otherwise sweet, loving and mature, will do things behind your back because she knows that she is right, you are as domineering mother who is wrong, and usually, she will be encouraged in deceptive behaviour by the 'nice boy' who has his own incentive and agenda.

As for disciplining your daugther, what discipline? Physcal, forget it. Take her cell, restrict her internet access and movements (b/c her girlfriends will become her conduit), take her to school and pick her up can work at the cost of hating you for a couple of years or more.

I know a girl and family who went thru this. 15 year old lovely, highly intelligent girl and an 18 year old boy. The parents broke up, they thought, the relationship. She came home one night and went directly to the shower. That is when the parents knew she lost her virginity. He too lost his virginity and introduced himself and her to 'rough' sex. She had lied to her father that night to go out. She would be going to a girlfreind's home for a visit and had no money. Her girlfriend supplied her with money and the boy picked her up at the friend's house. The boy absolutely controls her.....years later. Not good.

Your daughter needs to 'respect you' and believe that you know more than she does and genuinely want to please you more than him. Otherwise, you are fighting a losing battle. I wish I had something more positve to say. You have to win her mind!

a lot of 18 year olds would take offense to such a generalization.

Archived