Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone ever been awarded an NSERC USRA at a different university?

treejuice1

Sorry for another NSERC question, but I was wondering if anyone has received a USRA at a university other than the one they attend? I'm applying at U of Ottawa, but I don't go there

Does anyone know anything about the selection criteria there? Or if you're at a disadvantage if you're applying from a different school? Thanks :)

What were your marks like? Also, does NSERC look at your marks for both semesters or just the first one? (we only have marks for first semester).

Thanks!

I thought they would look at all your marks (cumulative across all years) because they ask for a complete transcript. Is it just your marks from the current year?

Which university deadline should I be looking at? The university I currently attend, or the university I am looking to do an NSERC at?

Cuz now I am hearing from a prof that the deadline for the university you attend actually matters.. but I don't see why it would.

You definitely need to observe the deadline of the university you want to hold the award at and it's different at every school

Archived