Premed 101 Forums

Interviews Out!

Feb 19 and 20th. generally there are about 50 ppl interviewed OOP and they cut the lower 40% (~20 ppl). the top 8 gets accepted and the rest on WL. i think most years the WL moves pretty good. and acceptance is solely based on your interview.

I think you mean March 19/20 for the interview date?

Invited

OOP

OMSAS GPA: 3.93 (best two years 3.99). Percentage somewhere around 93-94%.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, that invitation e-mail was very confusing.

1) First we need to send an e-mail and tell them who the 3 references are.

2) Then we need to send the forms to our referees? These forms, as far as I can tell, are not available online.

I think the interview invitations go out in batches.

Okay, that invitation e-mail was very confusing.

1) First we need to send an e-mail and tell them who the 3 references are.

2) Then we need to send the forms to our referees? These forms, as far as I can tell, are not available online.

I think the interview invitations go out in batches.

Oh, we need to tell them who our references are? I totally didn't catch that that 1st time I read the email. Oops.

Oh, we need to tell them who our references are? I totally didn't catch that that 1st time I read the email. Oops.

As far as I understood. It might be let them know on a form and send it in along with the references themselves, but there are no forms. I am e-mailing to find out. Keep you posted.

Ab

I just thought I would say that when I e-mail USask, they are so fast and understanding about your questions. Sherrill gets top marks from me. I hope I get to meet this fantastic team that makes up the admissions office at Sask med.

Ab

So, what was the answer? hahah

I went to talk to admissions today about the reference letter issue everyone seems to be having.

I was told that a paper copy of our invitations for the interviews will be mailed out either today or tomorrow. It will also include the reference letter forms. They just finished updating the forms today- that is why it was not up on the College of Medicine site.

So the forms will be coming in the mail shortly, depending on where you live, and for those who do not wish to wait, you should be able to print the reference forms online, if you so wish, shortly!

I hope this clears up some of the confusion that everyone has been having.

Once again, good luck to all!

I went to talk to admissions today about the reference letter issue everyone seems to be having.

I was told that a paper copy of our invitations for the interviews will be mailed out either today or tomorrow. It will also include the reference letter forms. They just finished updating the forms today- that is why it was not up on the College of Medicine site.

So the forms will be coming in the mail shortly, depending on where you live, and for those who do not wish to wait, you should be able to print the reference forms online, if you so wish, shortly!

I hope this clears up some of the confusion that everyone has been having.

Once again, good luck to all!

Super helpful post. Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Reference forms are now available. You can find them here: http://www.medicine.usask.ca/education/medical/undergrad/admissions/Important%20Documents%20for%20Applicants/index.html

I should add. Once I read these application forms, it seems that the Admissions committee are being straight forward in that they do not wish for an attached copy of a reference letter. Only in the case of a with reservation, or below average scoring do they wish for one. Not sure what everyone thought about this. Should they attach one anyways?

Enjoy and good luck!

Ab

Hey everyone,

Reference forms are now available. You can find them here: http://www.medicine.usask.ca/education/medical/undergrad/admissions/Important%20Documents%20for%20Applicants/index.html

I should add. Once I read these application forms, it seems that the Admissions committee are being straight forward in that they do not wish for an attached copy of a reference letter. Only in the case of a with reservation, or below average scoring do they wish for one. Not sure what everyone thought about this. Should they attach one anyways?

Enjoy and good luck!

Ab

Hey there,

they usually just ignore the attached letter. remember those referee forms are only pass/fail

errrr...so

in we need to mail in the following form ourselves right? Can I drop it off in person when I go interview?

http://www.medicine.usask.ca/education/medical/undergrad/admissions/Important%20Documents%20for%20Applicants/List%20of%20Referees%202011.pdf

are there any other documents oop applicants needs to mail in/submit??

Hey there,

they usually just ignore the attached letter. remember those referee forms are only pass/fail

errrr...so

in we need to mail in the following form ourselves right? Can I drop it off in person when I go interview?

http://www.medicine.usask.ca/education/medical/undergrad/admissions/Important%20Documents%20for%20Applicants/List%20of%20Referees%202011.pdf

I don't see why you can't just drop it off, since the interviews are before the March 31st deadline. And, for now, I think OOPs just need to get that form in and the 3 reference letters mailed by the referees.

Gave them a call,

they said they would like the formed mailed...

also confirmed that no letter is required, just the reference form.

I don't see why you can't just drop it off, since the interviews are before the March 31st deadline. And, for now, I think OOPs just need to get that form in and the 3 reference letters mailed by the referees.

errrr...so

hey!! so i guess you figured it out. What i did 2 years ago is I gave my referees CanadaPost envelopes, the ones with tracking numbers. that way I would know if they sent it in. I trust my referees but I just prefer to always have a secure plan.

Archived