Premed 101 Forums

Good Peds electives at McMaster?

cindersley

Hi guys,

I am thinking of doing a peds elective at McMaster, maybe Endocrinology or Infectious Diseases but open to any of your suggestions :).

And would also appreciate knowing the names of some good preceptors to work with. I know that at UT we are allowed to contact doctors ahead of time to set thing sup. Is that also possible at Mc?

Thank you!

Hi guys,

I am thinking of doing a peds elective at McMaster, maybe Endocrinology or Infectious Diseases but open to any of your suggestions :).

And would also appreciate knowing the names of some good preceptors to work with. I know that at UT we are allowed to contact doctors ahead of time to set thing sup. Is that also possible at Mc?

Thank you!

Christine Lee is awesome to work with !!! However, I'm not sure if she still does Peds ID.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look her up!

And if you don't mind answering two other quesitons :)...How did you like your ID elective? As a 4th year med student what kind of things are we responsible for and who do we mainly work with?

I enjoyed it! I didn't do any peds ID though. Everything was adult based.

The rotation itself is very much staff dependent and depending on which staff is on for the month, it can be hit or miss as far as your experience. As a 4th yr med student, they'll have you doing consults on the wards, reviewing with staff/residents and there should be several formal didactic teaching sessions.

Archived